I feel a little scared about if I, you know, just walk down the street.
如果我走在街道上的时候,你知道,我会有点害怕。
Cops might just think I'm doing something bad.
警察会觉得我在干坏事。
And then, if I try to explain to them, they won't listen and just start beating me up...
然后,如果我尝试去跟他们解释,他们是不会听的,然后开始打我...
...and doing terrible things to me.
...还对我做一些很伤的事情。
I think there's like, this anxiety that kind of comes with being biracial,...
我觉得,作为一个混血儿会感到焦虑...
...like the kind that eats away at you.
...好像它们在侵蚀着你。
Almost like you have to prove yourself like you're one of the other.
就好像你必须要证明你自己只是其中之一而已。
For example, I hate the phrase "you're not black" all the time.
比如说,我很讨厌别人总是说“你不是黑人。”
People sometimes think like, I'm supposed to talk ghetto or whatever that is.
有的时候人们会觉得,我讲话方式应该像贫民窟的人那样或者其他什么的。
"Oh, she uneducated because she's African-American."
“噢,她那么无知是因为美国黑人。”
Because I'm Hispanic or Latino, I can't have a lot of money.
“因为我是讲西班牙语的或者是拉丁美洲人,所以我没有钱。”
Just this weekend, I went with my friend to Urban Outfitters and we went shopping...
就在这个周末,我跟我朋友去城镇的户外用品店买东西...
...and I really wanted to try on this dress.
...我真的很想试试那条裙子.
And then, this lady there, she's kinda like watching me...
然后,那个女士,一直盯着我...
...and it's like, I'm not gonna steal it or anything.
...我又不会把它偷了还是怎样。