时差N小时:手机危害 Talking on a cell phone while driving
教程:时差N小时  浏览:570  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    DON:It's time for a new feature on our show, called IGot the Data.

    唐:现在是我们节目的一个新板块,它被称为《我就是有科学依据》。

    This is where I say something that a smart-alec at aparty would no doubt disagree with, and then Itriumph by having data to back it up.

    一个自作聪明之人无疑会对我在派对讲的事情持反对观点,然后我通过数据支持获胜。

    Yael will play the smart-alec. Ready?

    而雅艾尔将扮演那个自作聪明之人。准备好了吗?

    YAEL:Ready.

    雅艾尔:可以开始了。

    DON:Nice party, huh? I love these chips.

    唐:聚会可真不错,是吧?我爱死这些薯片了。

    YAEL:Mmm-hmm.

    雅艾尔:嗯。

    DON:You know, on the way over here Isaw this guy talking on a cell phone while driving.

    唐:你知道吗,在来这里的途中我看到这家伙边开车边打手机。

    That's got to be dangerous.

    那可太危险了。

    YAEL:No it isn't.

    雅艾尔:不见得吧。

    Only idiots can't drive and talk at the same time.

    只有白痴才不会在同一时间既开车又讲电话。

    DON:But your hands are off the wheel.

    唐:但你的手离开了方向盘。

    YAEL:I got one of those no-hands cell phones you can mount in a car.

    雅艾尔:我可知道车里用的是那种不用手就能打电话的手机。

    Don't believe what anybody says.

    不要相信别人。

    They're completely safe.

    它们非常安全。

    DON:Unfortunately for you, smart-alec, I Got the Data.

    唐:你太不幸了,自作聪明的傻瓜,我的数据恰恰能辩倒你。

    YAEL:You what?

    雅艾尔:什么玩意?

    DON:A study done by a psychologist and an engineer at the University of Rhode Island hadvolunteers wear eye-tracking devices while they drove.

    唐:罗德岛大学一位心理学家和一位工程师对此进行了研究,他们要求志愿者驾车时佩戴眼球追踪设备。

    The researchers found that a driver's eyes move around a lot--we scan the road, check ourspeedometers, and stay alert for surprises.

    研究人员发现,一名司机的眼球经常很多次的移动—比如我们扫视道路,检查速度表,并对于有可能的突发情况保持警惕等等。

    When talking on a cell phone at the same time, though, eye motions fell to almost zero-thesubjects simply stared at the bumper ahead of them.

    而当用手机讲话时,眼部运动几乎降至零—受试者只是盯着在他们前面的保险杠。

    YAEL:Yeah?

    雅艾尔:是吗?

    DON:The issue seems to be not talking on the phone per se but concentrating on a secondtask, such as making a decision with the person on the other end of the line.

    唐:这个问题似乎并不是关于讲电话本身,而是专注于第二个任务,比如和电话线另一头的人做决定等。

    When we do that, we take our mental energy away from driving.

    当我们这样做的时候,我们的精神能量就会远离驾驶。

    And that's dangerous!

    而这非常危险!

    YAEL:I knew that.

    雅艾尔:我知道了。

    DON:Mmm-hmm.

    唐:嗯。

    0/0
      上一篇:时差N小时:呼叫达尔文 Darwinian medicine 下一篇:时差N小时:犯罪现场调查 Crime Lab

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)