美国商业大亨传奇 第105期:掌控全局(32)
教程:美国商业大亨传奇  浏览:416  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    Their rivalry has lasted for decades but now--for thefirst time ever--Carnegie and Rockefeller are lockinghorns directly.

    他们的竞争已经持续了几十年 但这是有史以来卡内基和洛克菲勒的第一次正面交锋

    The negotiations last for months and neither man iswilling to give in.

    谈判持续数个月谁也不肯让步

    Negotiating is a real art. It's an art and a great negotiator, is like a great surgeon, and the--they're very, very rare. You don't see it often.

    谈判是一门真正的艺术 是艺术 卓越的谈判者就像优秀的外科医生一样非常非常稀少 很罕见

    Rockefeller has already made a fortune in oil.

    洛克菲勒经营石油发了财

    His investment in steel is just a small part of his portfolio.

    投资钢铁不过是他投资组合中的一小部分

    You have to be willing to walk away.

    你要懂得放手

    You have to be willing to walk away.

    你要懂得放手

    And people who won't walk away from a deal, in my experience, end up making bad deals.

    不懂得放手的人以我的经验看来 最终会做出错误的交易

    Carnegie knows he has little choice.

    卡内基知道自己无从选择

    In order to stay on top, he needs to do whatever it takes to keep Rockefeller out of steel.

    要想保持他的顶级地位 就得不惜一切不让洛克菲勒进入钢铁行业

    I will buy the entire output of your mines.

    我会买断你的矿产

    In return, you will renounce your decision to construct a steel mill.

    作为回报 你放弃建造钢厂的决定

    Agreed.

    They both knew that at some point they would have to reach a deal in which neither goteverything he wanted.

    他们都知道 在某些时候他们不得不达成交易 虽然谁都不能完全如愿以偿

    But neither got destroyed in the process.

    但也都不会在过程中毁了自己

    Rockefeller and Carnegie, in the end, were smart enough to know that they were both too bigto get into a battle.

    洛克菲勒和卡内基终究是明白人知道他们都太庞大了 打不起仗

    0/0
      上一篇:美国商业大亨传奇 第104期:掌控全局(31) 下一篇:美国商业大亨传奇 第106期:掌控全局(33)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)