哈佛大学校园英语情景对话06:历史的大山:马萨诸塞堂
教程:哈佛大学校园英语情景对话  浏览:1420  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    Han Meimei and John have finished their visit to Harvard Museum of Natural History.

    H: Han Meimei J: John

    H : Where,s our next stop?

    H:我们下一站去哪儿?

    J: What about the Dining Hall?

    J:去食堂吧。

    H: The Dining Hall? Oh, it’s already one o’clock. You must be hungry.

    H:食堂?哦,已经一点了,你肯定饿了吧。

    J: Listen, my stomach is rumbling?.

    J:听,我的肚子在咕噜咕噜叫呢。

    H: Sorry, I have been immersed? in the wonderful life at Harvard and lost track of time.

    H:不好意思,我一直沉浸在哈佛的美好生活中,忘了时间。

    J: How could you enjoy life without enjoying food? Let’s go and have lunch. But be prepared, you’ll be amazed by what you,re going to see.

    J:不享受美食怎么能叫享受生活呢。去吃午饭吧,但要做好心理准备,你接下来看到的东西会让 你大吃一惊。

    H: I've prepared for it. Everything just makes me so excited.

    H:我做好准备了,哈佛的一切都让我兴奋不已。

    (They arrive at the Dining Hall.)

    (到达食堂)

    H: Oh, My God! I can’t believe my eyes. Is it a palace or something?

    H:天哪!我不敢相信自己的眼睛,这是宫殿还是什么?

    J: Just the Dining Hall. What do you say?

    J:就是食堂。你觉得怎么样?

    H: Beyond expression?. I think I,m so excited that I have no stomach? for lunch.

    H:无法用语言表达。我太激动了,我想我设有胃□吃饭了。

    J: Really? Don’t be envious? when I enjoy my steak.

    J:真的?我享用牛排的时候可别眼馋哦。

    (After lunch)

    (吃完饭后)

    J: I’m full. Let’s go to visit the freshman? dormitories.

    J:我饱了,咱们去参观一下新生宿舍吧。

    H: Are they like palaces too?

    H:宿舍也跟宫殿一样吗?

    J: Nope, Han, don’t glorify? Harvard to such an extent.

    J:不是啊,韩,别太美化哈佛了。

    H: Then why must we go there today? I prefer something more interesting.

    H:那为什么我们今天非要去看宿舍,我宁愿去更有意思的地方。

    J: The dormitory building I’m going to show you is also a historical site. It tells the history of Harvard.

    j:我带你去的宿舍楼也是一个历史景点,它承载了哈佛的许多历史。

    H: Oh, I see.

    H:这样子啊。

    (They arrive at the Massachusetts Hall.)

    (到达马萨诸塞堂)

    H: I find that almost all the buildings are crimson?.

    H:我发现几乎所有的楼都是深红色的。

    J: Crimson is the color of Harvard, representing solemnity?.

    J:深红是哈佛的颜色,代表了庄严。

    H: Indeed.

    H:确实。

    J: This building is called Massachusetts Hall.

    J:这个楼叫马萨诸塞堂。

    H: It doesn’t look like a dormitory building. I don’t see many students. These rooms look like offices.

    H:看起来不像宿舍楼,没看见多少学生。这些房间看起来更像是办公室。

    J: That’s what makes it special. The top administrators work at the first three floors, and freshmen live in the fourth floor.

    J:这就是这个楼的独特之处。高层领导在头三层办公,新生住在第四层。

    H: It could be either a good thing or a bad thing.

    H:是好事也是坏事。

    J: Why? I think it’s a good thing because the students can meet the top administrators.

    J:为什么呀,我觉得是好事呀,学生可以见到校领导呢。

    H: If I lived here, I would not feel free to do whatever I,d like to, for example, playing music loudly in the dorm room.

    H:如果我住这儿,就觉得干什么都不自由,比如无法在宿舍大声放音乐。

    J: Like it or not, it is said that the building will be sold and freshmen won,t be allowed to reside there any longer.

    J:不管喜不喜欢,据说这楼要被卖掉了,以后就不允许新生再住在这儿,了。

    H: To whom?

    H:卖给谁?

    J: To the central administration of Harvard University.

    J:卖绐哈佛大学的管理中心。

    H: Wait a minute. Doesn’t the Hall belong to the University?

    H:等会儿,马萨诸塞堂不属于哈佛大学吗?

    J: It does. It belongs to the College of Arts and Science now.

    J:属于呀,现在属于文理学院。

    H: I'm confused.

    H:我有点搞不明白。

    J: You know, the United States itself have fifty states, each of which is independent of the federal government in some respects?.

    J:你知道美国本身有50个州,每个州在某些方面是独立于联邦政府的。

    H: You mean the central administration of Harvard has a decentralized? power?

    H:你的意思是哈佛大学管理中心的权力也是分散的?

    J: Therefore, the Hall will be “sold” rather than be “given” to the central administration.

    J:所以马萨诸塞堂与其说是"送绘”还不如说是“卖结"管理中心。

    H: The students up there must be glad at the news. They can move to new dorms.

    H:住在上面的学生听到这个消息肯定很高兴,可以搬到新宿舍了。

    J: Not necessarily. If it were me, I would feel it’s a pity?.

    J:那HI不一定。如果是我,我就会感到很遗1感。

    H: Why?

    H:为什么?

    J: This is the oldest building on campus, and has experienced many historical events. People can smell the smell of history in it.

    J:这可是校园里最古老的楼,而且还经历了很多历史事件,人们在里面可以感受到 历史的气息。

    H: That makes sense?,

    H:有道理。

    J: Besides, from its birth to today, it has been used as a dormitory building. Many people just want to keep this tradition alive.

    J:再说,从它建成之日起到现在都是用作学生宿舍楼,很多人就想保留这个传统。

    H: Memories are priceless.

    H:记忆无价。

    0/0
      上一篇:哈佛大学校园英语情景对话05:自然的海洋:哈佛自然历史博物馆 下一篇:哈佛大学校园英语情景对话07:静谧的战场:哈佛纪念堂

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)