英语美文:爸爸给了我一千美元
教程:英语美文鉴赏  浏览:363  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    大千世界,纷纷扰扰,愿你能勇攀高峰,也能坐看云卷云舒。以下是小编整理的英语美文:爸爸给了我一千美元的资料,希望你也喜欢!

    Growing up

    在我长大的过程中

    I’ve always been very independent.

    我一直表现得十分独立

    I’ve never asked for my parents for money or help,

    我从未向父母要过钱,或寻求过帮助

    and I’ve always lived a pretty secluded life from them.

    每天的生活,也与他们十分疏离

    We’re close,

    我们关系很好

    but not in a “I’m going to tell you every detail of my life” way.

    但不是那种“我要把生活中所有的细节都告诉你”的好

    A little back ground:

    再告诉你们吧

    I moved out at 17,

    17岁的时候我就从家里搬出来了

    went to university,

    我去了大学

    and dropped out in my third year.

    在大学三年级辍学

    I married my long term boyfriend,...

    我与自己交往了很长时间的男友结了婚

    we had a daughter,

    我们有了一个女儿

    I go back to school a second time.

    我再次回到了学校

    We decide to split up,

    我和丈夫决定分开

    my daughter and I find a new house to move into.

    我和女儿找到新的住处,搬家

    My car craps out

    我的车彻底坏了

    and I need to buy a new one.

    我需要买辆新车

    These last two years have been HARD.

    最近两年一直十分艰难

    But we’re trekking on.

    但我们坚持负重前行

    I’m happier now than I was.

    现在我比过去开心多了

    Money is extremely tight,

    钱花得紧巴巴的

    but we are managing.

    但还能对付过去

    I was speaking to my dad

    我与父亲聊了会儿天

    a few weeks ago

    那是几个星期以前

    getting caught up

    我被他叫过去

    and he asked about my financial situation.

    问我的财政状况如何

    I open up

    我直话直说

    and tell him things are fine, but tight.

    告诉他情况还好,但有些吃紧

    We’re doing okay.

    我们没事

    He then tells me

    接着他告诉我

    he wants to send me some money

    他想给我些钱

    to cover my debts.

    帮我还清贷款

    I tell him it’s a lot.

    我告诉他,我欠的贷款很多

    $6000 in student loans,

    学生贷款有6000美元

    $4000 in credit card debt.

    信用卡上还有4000元的欠款

    He says he is proud of me

    他却说,他为我感到骄傲

    and the way I’ve moved through life so far.

    为我迄今为止如何克服困难努力生活

    He’s proud of the way

    他为我感到骄傲

    I’ve been raising my daughter

    为我如何含辛茹苦的抚养女儿

    and how independent I am.

    为我这么独立

    He wants me to start this new chapter of my life

    他希望我能开启人生的新一章

    with a clean slate

    毫无挂碍

    and this allows me

    因为他的帮助

    to put the money I was putting towards debt repayment into savings.

    我把本打算用于偿还贷款的钱存了起来

    I’m not sure

    我自己也不太确定

    what the point of this post was.

    这篇文章想要表达什么主题

    I love my dad so much

    我非常爱我的父亲

    and I’m appreciative of him

    对他我十分崇敬

    for giving me the gift of no debts.

    为他赐予我零债务的这份厚礼

    It also feels good to be recognized

    能被人理解,也让我十分愉悦

    for doing a good job raising my daughter.

    有人明白我抚养女儿的辛苦

    And to be told that

    还有人告诉我

    living independently is a good thing.

    过独立的生活是一件好事

    I often feel guilty

    现在我时常感到愧疚

    for not being very open with my parents.

    因过去没有对父母这般开诚布公

    0/0