英语美文:我早就说了嘛!
教程:英语美文鉴赏  浏览:330  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    大千世界,纷纷扰扰,愿你能勇攀高峰,也能坐看云卷云舒。以下是小编整理的英语美文:我早就说了嘛!的资料,希望你也喜欢!

    Those 4 words never sounded so good

    我从未觉得这几个字如此动听

    til the June morning

    直到一个六月的早晨

    in my mom's hospital room.

    在母亲的病房里

    It began when my mother was admitted to the hospital

    事情的开始是这样的,我母亲要住院

    for a really bad infection in her bladder.

    因为膀胱有严重的感染

    It was November 21

    那是11月21日

    when they called us to her hospital room

    医院把我们一家人叫到母亲的病房里

    to tell us my mom had a mass tumor

    告诉我们,母亲长了一个肿块肿瘤

    it was big in her stomach

    在她的胃里,面积很大

    and it was malignant.

    是个恶性肿瘤

    They went over a couple of options

    他们列出了几种治疗方案

    but all I heard was MDAnderson & biopsy.

    我却只听到了癌症中心和活体检查

    That same night at about 2 a.m.

    当天夜里,凌晨两点钟的时候

    my mom got dressed

    我母亲穿戴整齐

    called my stepdad

    叫上我的继父

    and walked out of that hospital,

    两人走出了医院

    she wanted to go home.

    她想要回家

    The next morning

    第二天早上

    we went to talk to the surgeon

    我们去找医生谈话

    to find out what does this mean,

    去询问母亲昨晚的举动有何用意

    how long does she have by refusing treatment

    她这样拒绝治疗,还剩下多少日子

    & he said 15 days

    他说,大概半个月

    maybe less.

    也可能更少

    I was so scared

    我害怕极了

    I couldn't accept losing my mom

    我不能承受失去母亲的痛苦

    my only parent

    双亲里我只剩下她了

    since dad died when I was 5 yrs old.

    因为我5岁的时候父亲就过世了

    My stepdad was an ok kinda person

    我的继父是一个不冷不热的人

    just not involved with our lives growing.

    在我们成长过程中,都没有管过我们

    So 15 days,

    所以,还有半个月

    I had

    这就是我所有的全部

    to pray, to beg, to cry,

    我只有这些时间去祈祷,去乞求,去痛哭流涕

    to spend time with my mom.

    去与母亲共度

    I didn't judge her decision

    我没有职责她放弃治疗的决定

    she's my mom

    她是我的母亲

    she has earned the right to decide what she wants.

    她有权决定自己想要的是什么

    My siblings didn't see it that way

    我的兄弟姐妹们并不这样想

    but really what can you do.

    可是你能怎么做呢

    I asked everyone I came in contact with

    我对自己能联系上的每一个人都发出了请求

    if they could say wish good luck for my mom,

    我问他们能否祝我母亲好运

    I mean everyone.

    我说的是所有人

    The day came and went

    日子一天天过去

    and she did sleep a lot

    她确实睡得很多

    but my stepdad says she seems ok,

    但是继父说,她看起来情况还不错

    when I'd go visit her

    当我去看望她的时候

    I would just sit and stare at her

    我坐在那里,紧紧的盯着她

    I imagine she probably felt like a specimen under a microscope

    我想,她大概觉得自己就像是显微镜下面的一个标本

    because she'd just cough

    因为,她只不过喝水呛了一下

    and all heads turned to her glasses of water

    所有人都看向她手中的水杯

    in every direction

    从各个方向看着她

    my poor mom.

    我可怜的妈妈

    Then 7 months later

    7个月过后

    she ends up back in hospital

    她又住进了医院

    because her bladder is hurting real bad.

    因为她的膀胱疼的很厉害

    I remember sitting there

    我记得自己坐在那里

    just me and my granddaughter

    只有我和我的小孙女

    because she really wanted to visit her G.G.Ma

    因为她很想看望一下她的曾祖母

    and I watched her do her crossword puzzle

    我看着她玩字谜

    trying to sneak in a picture here and there.

    设法在这里那里拼出一个图案来

    The oncologist walks in the room

    医生走进病房

    asks my mom how she feeling

    问我母亲感觉如何

    she says I feel fine

    她说,我感觉挺好的

    can I go home now?

    今天我能回家了吗

    The Dr then says

    医生说

    i'm sorry

    实在抱歉

    but I cannot be your doctor

    可是,我没法给你看病

    so I cannot make that decision.

    所以,我也不能决定你何时出院

    She looks confused

    母亲一脸的疑惑

    I'm stunned

    我也感到十分惊讶

    so I asked what did my mom do now?

    于是问道,我妈妈又做了什么

    He smiled

    医生笑了笑

    and looked my mom straight in her eyes

    直直的看着母亲的眼睛

    he says I'm a cancer doctor

    他说,我是一个肿瘤医生

    since all your tests came back clear

    你的结果都非常好

    I cannot be in charge of your care.

    我不能再掌管你的健康问题了

    I'm looking at him

    我定定的看着医生

    wide eyed big goofy smile

    双目圆瞪,一脸傻笑

    and as I turned to see my mom's reaction

    我转过头去看母亲的反应

    she picks up her crossword puzzle

    母亲拿起我女儿的字谜游戏

    says as casual as can be

    用最随意的语气说

    "See I told you I wasn't sick!"

    “看吧,都跟你说了,我没病!”

    I could only manage to say

    我一时百感交集,只能说出话一句

    "yup you sure did mom."

    “嗯呐,你确实说过,妈妈”

    That was 2 and a half years ago

    这是两年半之前的事情

    and she's still mouthier as ever

    她还和往常一样巧言善辩

    but I went and thanked everyone

    我向所有的人都道谢了

    because I truly witnessed a miracle first hand.

    因为我真的亲眼见证了一个奇迹

    0/0