跟艾米莉一起学口语 第553期:糟糕的一天
教程:跟艾米莉一起学口语  浏览:337  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    be fussy about

    对...挑剔

    fussy

    爱挑剔的;难以取悦的

    My boss is fussy about our work.

    我上司对我们的工作很挑剔。

    A: Are you alright? You don't seem to be as cheerful as you normally are.

    你还好吧,你看起来没有平常那么开心。

    B: To be honest, I've just had a really bad day.

    老实说,我今天过得真是糟糕透了。

    A: What happened?

    出什么事了?

    B: First, I slept through my alarm and ended up two hours late for work.

    开始,我早上睡过头了,结果上班迟到了两个小时。

    A: What did your boss say?

    你上司怎么说?

    B: He told me that if I showed up late one more time, he'd fire me. He's so mean.

    他跟我说,如果我在迟到一次就把我炒了,他实在是太不近人情了。

    A: That's horrible. Was that the first time you'd shown up late to work?

    真糟糕,就是你第一次上班迟到吗?

    B: That was my second time. The first time, I was in a car accident.

    这是第二次,第一次是我出的车祸。

    A: Is your boss Chinese?

    你的上司是中国人吗?

    B: No, he's from Australia. Before I met him, I thought Australians were supposed to be relaxed and easy-going. I had no idea he'd be so fussy about things.

    不,他是澳大利亚人。和他共事以前,我一直认为澳大利亚人都是性格随和,很好相处的,我不知道为什么他待人这么苛刻。

    A: What are you going to do?

    那接下来你打算怎么办?

    B: I think I'm going to look for another job. I need to find a boss that is a bit more sensitive and optimistic than my current boss.

    我想换份工作,找一个比现在这个上司更通情达理的。

    A: That sounds like a sensible plan. Do you want me to help you with your job search?

    这个想法挺明智的,需要我帮你找工作吗?

    B: That's very kind of you. Thanks for the offer.

    你实在是太好了,谢谢你愿意帮忙。

    A: Don't mention it. That's what friends are for.

    没什么,这才是朋友嘛。

    0/0
      上一篇:跟艾米莉一起学口语 第552期:周末短途旅游 下一篇:跟艾米莉一起学口语 第554期:理发不会说这些?剪的丑了别怪我!

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)