实战口语情景对话:The Kiwi 几维鸟
教程:实战口语情景对话  浏览:770  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    实战口语情景对话:The Kiwi 几维鸟
    Todd: OK, Leonard, now, when most people think of Kiwi, at least Americans, we think of the fruit.

    托德:里昂纳多,大部分人,至少是大部分美国人在说到Kiwi这个词的时候认为是奇异果。

    Leo: Right, right. Also in Japan as well.

    里奥:没错,的确是这样。当然日本也是这样。

    Todd: Oh, really! OK. But, uh, people from New Zealand are called Kiwis not because of the fruit I take it.

    托德:哦,真的吗!但是,新西兰人所称的Kiwis并不是我认为的那种水果。

    Leo: That's right. That's right. The nickname for New Zealanders is Kiwi, and actually the Kiwi bird... Kiwi is actually a Maori name, and Maori are the native people of New Zealand.

    里奥:没错,没错。新西兰的代名词就是几维鸟……几维是毛利语,毛利是新西兰的原住民。

    Todd: Oh, wow!

    托德:哦,哇!

    Leo: And so Kiwi, the pronunciation of Kiwi K-I-W-I KEE-WEE, Maori has similar pronunciation to the Japanese language, ah, ee, uu, eh, oh. They pronounce the vowels.

    里奥:所以几维鸟,发音是K-I-W-I KEE-WEE,毛利语的发音和日语的发音很相似,ah, ee, uu, eh, oh。他们的元音也是这种发音。

    Todd: OK. I'm..what is Kiwi?

    托德:嗯。那几维鸟是什么呢?

    Leo: A kiwi is a nocturnal bird, which only walks, it doesn't fly.

    里奥:几维鸟是一种在夜间活动的鸟,它们只能走路,不会飞。

    Todd: OK. So nocturnal means it only comes out at night.

    托德:好。那在夜间活动的意思就是它们只在夜晚出来活动吗。

    Leo: Right. Right. And in the deep forest. Actually, you'd never see a Kiwi if you went to New Zealand, unless you went to the zoo.

    里奥:对,对。而且是在森林深处活动。实际上,如果你去新西兰的话,你是看不到几维鸟的,除非你去动物园。

    Todd: Oh, really!

    托德:哦,真的吗?

    Leo: Right!

    里奥:没错!

    Todd: OK.

    托德:好。

    Leo: And the brown Kiwi is the most, uh, rarest of them all. They're only I think, there are less than one thousand brown kiwis left.

    里奥:褐几维鸟是数量最稀少的种类。我想,褐几维鸟的现存数量不足1000只。

    Todd: Wow. So..

    托德:哇。那……

    Leo: It can only be found in New Zealand.

    里奥:只有新西兰才有。

    Todd: Ok. OK. maybe I missed it but can it fly.

    托德:好。嗯。我想我刚才好像听漏了,它能飞吗?

    Leo: No, no it can't.

    里奥:不,不能飞。

    Todd: It can't fly.

    托德:不能飞呀。

    Leo: It can only walk.

    里奥:它只能走。

    Todd: Wow, so it only comes out at night...in the deep forest and it can't fly.

    托德:哇,所以它夜间在森林深处活动,而且不能飞。

    Leo: You'd be surprised. If you go to New Zealand, uh, there are over twenty different types of birds that walk.

    里奥:你一定感到很吃惊。如果你去新西兰,会看到有20余种不同种类的几维鸟在散步。

    Todd: Really! That's fascinating. Well, thanks for telling us about the Kiwi.

    托德:真的吗!那真吸引人,谢谢你跟我们分享几维鸟的信息。

    Leo: You're welcome.

    里奥:不客气。

    0/0
      上一篇:实战口语情景对话:My dog 我的宠物狗 下一篇:实战口语情景对话:Hooligans 足球流氓

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)