and keeping focused,recharging, reassess,and aim for the next one.Just break it down into small bite-sized chunks. 集中精力 一边恢复体力 继续判断方向 然后着眼于下一个落脚点 只需打破开来 一点点解决
Bottom line is it doesn't matter how good, smart or clever you are.Without water you are dead. 现在看重的不是你有多强 有多机灵或者熟练 没有水你就死定了
A vital part of survival is always trying to remain alert to what's around you. 荒野存活能成功的关键 是对你周围的事物时刻保持警惕
That's unusual.See that mound of earth?There's a well.I took the camera.Okay. I've got it. 这有点不寻常 看到那堆土了吗 这儿有口井 我来拿摄像机 好了 松手吧
You can't even see the bottom there.Let's count this down. 你几乎都看不到底 数一下时间
One, two, two seconds.Yes, it's a good 50 foot down there,but it's also dry.This could be long abandoned, this well. 一 二 两秒 大概有十五米左右 但这口井已经枯了 这口井应该已经废弃很久了
Look. Trees over there and these wells are dug down to the water table. 看 那边有树 这口井应该挖至地下水位了
Almost guarantee if I can get down there,dig into the sand there's going to be water somewhere. 也就是说如果我下去了 再往下挖就应该会有水了
Let's try to work out how to get down this thing without a rope. 让我仔细想想 不用绳子怎么爬下去
Acacia trees surviving of the deep underground water could provide the materials I need. 靠地下水生存的阿拉伯胶树 能够提供我所需的材料
I need a couple of long, straight branches.Look. This will be nice. 我要两根长而直的树枝 看 这根就很好
As long as these poles are longer than the width of the well,I can use them to get down. 只要这跟树枝 比井的直径长一点 我就可以靠它们 下至井底
I should be able to. It's something I have never tried before. 我应该可以 我以前也从没试过
Just drag over the sand.I'm good to go with this.Okay. 在沙子里摩一摩 这样就差不多了 好了