美国语文第五册 第248期:暴躁易怒的妻子(02)
教程:​美国语文第五册  浏览:347  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    Cooke? But, there are so many Cookes. Can’t you distinguish her any way? Has she no Christian name?

    库克?但是,叫库克的太多了,你难道记不住什么特别的?她没有教名吗?

    Emma, I think. Yes, Emma.

    爱玛,我想想,噢,对了,她叫爱玛。

    Emma Cooke? No; it can not be my friend Emma Cooke; for I am sure she was cut out for an old maid.

    爱玛·库克?不会的,不可能是我的朋友爱玛·库克,我知道,她可是个天生的老处女。

    This lady seems to me to be cut out for a good wife.

    依我看,那位女士倒是天生的好妻子。

    Maybe so. I am sure I’ll never go to see her.

    或许吧。我知道了,我绝对不会去看她,

    Pray, my dear, how came you to see so much of her?

    请问一下,亲爱的,你恐怕见过她很多次吧?

    I have seen very little of her, my dear.

    我很少见到她,亲爱的,

    I only saw her two or three times before she was married.

    她结婚前,我见到她两三次。

    Then, my dear, how could you decide that she was cut out for a good wife?

    既然这样,亲爱的,你怎么就能断定,她天生就是个好妻子呢?

    I am sure you could not judge of her by seeing her only two or three times, and before she was married.

    我觉得,她结婚前,即便你见上三两次,恐怕也不能做出如此判断吧。

    Indeed, my love, that is a very just observation.

    不错,宝贝儿,恰恰就是那少见的印象。

    I understand that compliment perfectly, and thank you for it, my dear.

    我太清楚你的恭维了,谢谢你,亲爱的。

    I must own I can bear anything better than irony.

    我必须承认,我什么都吃得住,就是吃不了你的冷嘲热讽。

    Irony? my dear, I was perfectly in earnest.

    冷嘲热讽?亲爱的,我可是相当认真的。

    Yes, yes; in earnest; so I perceive;

    是的,是的,相当认真,这样,我才能觉察到。

    I may naturally be dull of apprehension, but my feelings are quick enough; I comprehend too well.

    我生来理性愚钝,可就是感性太快,领悟力极强。

    Yes, it is impossible to judge of a woman before marriage, or to guess what sort of a wife she will make.

    这么说吧,婚姻前不可能对一个女人做出正确判断,或者猜测你的妻子属于什么类型,

    I presume you speak from experience; you have been disappointed yourself, and repent your choice.

    我推测你这样说由于你的经验之谈,你一直对自己感到沮丧,那么后悔当初的选择。

    My dear, what did I say that was like this? Upon my word, I meant no such thing.

    亲爱的,我说了什么?难道有这些意思?回想我说的话,完全不是这么回事,

    I really was not thinking of you in the least.

    我压根没想到你会这么想。

    0/0
      上一篇:美国语文第五册 第247期:暴躁易怒的妻子(01) 下一篇:美国语文第五册 第249期:暴躁易怒的妻子(03)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程