美国语文第六册 第298期:萨姆逊之死(1)
教程:​美国语文第六册  浏览:408  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    LESSON 85 DEATH OF SAMSON

    第八十五课 萨姆逊之死

    Occasions drew me early to this city, and, as the gates I entered with sunrise,

    赶巧我早早来到这座城市,踏进城门使正值旭日东升,

    The morning trumpets festival proclaimed through each high street,

    清晨的喇叭声宣告节日降临每条大街都已传遍,

    little I had dispatched, when all abroad was rumored that this day Samson should be brought forth,

    我没做什么事情。萨姆逊站到前面来,介绍给大家,

    to show the people proof of his mighty strength in feats and games.

    从他的武艺就看得出力大无穷。

    I sorrowed at his captive state, but minded not to be absent at that spectacle.

    我为他沦为阶下囚而悲伤,可是真不想错过这盛况。

     

    The building was a spacious theater half-round, on two main pillars vaulted high,

    这建筑是宽敞的剧院,两根大柱子撑住了上面半圆形穹顶,

    with seats where all the lords, and each degree of sort, might sit in order to behold;

    是为所有大人,各级官员设的专座,坐着就可以一览无余;

    The other side was open, where the throng on banks and scaffolds under sky might stand: I among these aloof obscurely stood.

    另一侧没有什么遮挡视线,人们露天站在斜坡和断头台上:在人群中我独自站着,没人注目。

    The feast and noon grew high, and sacrifice had filled their hearts with mirth, high cheer, and wine, when to their sports they turned,

    盛宴到中午达到高潮,祭品是他们心满意足,欢乐,美酒,兴致高,当目光转向娱乐嬉戏时,

    0/0
      上一篇:美国语文第六册 第297期:我妈妈的画像(2) 下一篇:美国语文第六册 第299期:萨姆逊之死(2)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)