英语美文朗读 第152期:我用什么才能留住你
教程:英语美文朗读  浏览:1237  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    What can I hold you with?
    我用什么才能留住你?
    I offer you lean streets, desperate sunsets, the moon of the jagged suburbs.
    我给你贫穷的街道、绝望的日落、破败郊区的月亮。
    I offer you the bitterness of a man who has looked long and long at the lonely moon.
    我给你一个久久地望着孤月的人的悲哀。
    I offer you my ancestors, my dead men, the ghosts that living men have honoured in bronze:
    我给你我已死去的先辈,人们用青铜纪念他们的亡魂:
    my father's father killed in the frontier of Buenos Aires, two bullets through his lungs, bearded and dead, wrapped by his soldiers in the hide of a cow;
    在布宜诺斯艾利斯边境阵亡的我祖父,两颗子弹射穿了他的胸膛,蓄着胡子的他死去了,士兵们用牛皮裹起他的尸体;
    my mother's grandfather--just twenty four-- heading a charge of three hundred men in Peru, now ghosts on vanished horses.
    我母亲的祖父——时年二十四岁——在秘鲁率领三百名士兵冲锋,如今都成了消失的马背上的幽灵。


    I offer you whatever insight my books may hold, whatever manliness or humour my life.
    我给你我写的书中所包含的一切悟力,我生活中所能有的男子气概或幽默。
    I offer you the loyalty of a man who has never been loyal.
    我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚。
    I offer you that kernel of myself that I have saved, somehow,
    我给你我设法保全的我自己的核心,
    the central heart that deals not in words, traffics not with dreams, and is untouched by time, by joy, by adversities.
    不营字造句,不贩卖梦想,未曾被时间、欢乐和困厄影响过的不偏不倚的心。
    I offer you the memory of a yellow rose seen at sunset, years before you were born.
    我向你献上远在你出生前多年的一个傍晚看到的一朵黄玫瑰的记忆。
    I offer you explanations of yourself, theories about yourself, authentic and surprising news of yourself.
    我向你献出我对于你的诠释,与你有关的一切理论,以及关于你的真实而奇异的消息。
    I can give you my loneliness, my darkness, the hunger of my heart;
    我给你我的寂寞、我的黑暗、我心的饥渴;
    I am trying to bribe you with uncertainty, with danger, with defeat.
    我试图用困惑、危险、失败来打动你。

    微信公众号:英语美文朗读 孟叔的微博:孟飞Phoenix 孟叔的抖音:184302945

    英语美文

    0/0
      上一篇:英语美文朗读 第151期:于我,过去现在和未来 下一篇:英语美文朗读 第153期:你知道我的心

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)