福尔摩斯探案集·四签名 第69期:凶手的末日(2)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:442  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    It was a little past seven before we reached the Westminster wharf and found our launch awaiting us.

    七点稍过,我们到达了西敏士特码头,汽船早已等候在那里了。

    Holmes eyed it critically. "Is there anything to mark it as a police-boat?"

    福尔摩斯仔细地看了看,问道:"这船上有什么标志指明是警察使用的吗?"

    "Yes, that green lamp at the side."

    "有,那船边上的绿灯。"

    "Then take it off." The small change was made, we stepped on board, and the ropes were cast off.

    "那么,摘下去。"绿灯摘下后,我们先后上船。船缆解开了。

    Jones, Holmes, and I sat in the stern.

    琼斯、福尔摩斯和我都坐在船尾,

    There was one man at the rudder, one to tend the engines, and two burly police-inspectors forward.

    另外一人掌舵,一人管机器,两个精壮的警长坐在我们的前面。

    "Where to?" asked Jones.

    琼斯问道:"船开到哪里去?"

    "To the Tower. Tell them to stop opposite to Jacobson's Yard."

    "到伦敦塔,告诉他们,把船停在杰克勃森船坞的对面。"

    Our craft was evidently a very fast one. We shot past the long lines of loaded barges as though they were stationary.

    我们的船速度确实很快,超越过无数满载的平底船,

    Holmes smiled with satisfaction as we overhauled a river steamer and left her behind us.

    又超越过一只小汽船,福尔摩斯微笑地表示满意。

    "We ought to be able to catch anything on the river," he said.

    他道:"照这样的速度,我们可以把河里的什么船都赶上了。"

    "Well, hardly that. But there are not many launches to beat us."

    琼斯道:"那倒不见得,不过能够赶上我们这样速度的汽船,确是不多见的。"

    "We shall have to catch the Aurora, and she has a name for being a clipper.

    "我们必须赶上'曙光'号,那是一只有名的快艇。

    I will tell you how the land lies, Watson.

    华生,现在没有事,我可以把目前发展的情况和你讲讲。

    You recollect how annoyed I was at being baulked by so small a thing?"

    你记得不记得我说过一个很不算什么的障碍把我难住了,我是决不甘心的吗?"

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·四签名 第68期:凶手的末日 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·四签名 第70期:凶手的末日(3)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)