福尔摩斯探案集·斑点带子案 第16期:离奇死亡(2)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:243  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    "How about poison?" "The doctors examined her for it, but without success."

    "会不会是毒药?""医生们为此做了检查,但查不出来。"

    "What do you think that this unfortunate lady died of, then?"

    "那么,你认为这位不幸的女士的死因是什么呢?"

    "It is my belief that she died of pure fear and nervous shock, though what it was that frightened her I cannot imagine."

    "尽管我想象不出是什么东西吓坏了她,可是我相信她致死的原因纯粹是由于恐惧和精神上的震惊。"

    "Were there gypsies in the plantation at the time?"

    "当时种植园里有吉卜赛人吗?"

    "Yes, there are nearly always some there."

    "有的,那儿几乎总是有些吉卜赛人。"

    "Ah, and what did you gather from this allusion to a band -- a speckled band?"

    "啊,从她提到的带子--带斑点的带子,你推想出什么来没有?"

    "Sometimes I have thought that it was merely the wild talk of delirium,

    "有时我觉得,那只不过是精神错乱时说的胡话,

    sometimes that it may have referred to some band of people, perhaps to these very gypsies in the plantation.

    有时又觉得,可能指的是某一帮人。也许指的就是种植园里那些吉卜赛人。

    I do not know whether the spotted handkerchiefs which so many of them wear over their heads might have suggested the strange adjective which she used."

    他们当中有那么多人头上戴着带点子的头巾,我不知道这是否可以说明她所使用的那个奇怪的形容词。"

    Holmes shook his head like a man who is far from being satisfied.

    福尔摩斯摇摇头,好像这样的想法远远不能使他感到满意。

    "These are very deep waters," said he; "pray go on with your narrative."

    "这里面还大有文章。"他说,"请继续讲下去。"

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·斑点带子案 第15期:离奇死亡(1) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·斑点带子案 第17期:离奇死亡(3)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程