福尔摩斯探案集·单身贵族案 第16期:勋爵驾到(8)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:203  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    "Did your wife hear all this?"

    "你妻子听到了这一切了吗?"

    "No, thank goodness, she did not."

    "没有,谢天谢地,她没有听到。"

    "And she was seen walking with this very woman afterwards?"

    "后来,有人见到她正是和这个女人走在一起?"

    "Yes. That is what Mr. Lestrade, of Scotland Yard, looks upon as so serious.

    "是的,这正是苏格兰场的雷斯垂德先生为什么把这件事看得如此严重的缘故。

    It is thought that Flora decoyed my wife out and laid some terrible trap for her."

    据认为,弗洛拉把我的妻子诱骗出去,并且对她设下了某种可怕的圈套。"

    "Well, it is a possible supposition."

    "噢,这是一种可能的推测。"

    "You think so, too?"

    "你也这样想吗?"

    "I did not say a probable one. But you do not yourself look upon this as likely?"

    "我并没有说很可能是这样,但是你自己也并不把这看作是可能的吧?"

    "I do not think Flora would hurt a fly."

    "我认为弗洛拉是连只苍蝇都不肯伤害的。"

    "Still, jealousy is a strange transformer of characters. Pray what is your own theory as to what took place?"

    "可是,妒忌是能奇妙地改变人的性格的。请你告诉我,对于这件事,你自己是怎么分析的呢?"

    "Well, really, I came to seek a theory, not to propound one. I have given you all the facts.

    "哦,真是,我到这里来是寻求解答的,不是来提出见解的。我已经把全部事实告诉你了。

    Since you ask me, however, I may say that it has occurred to me as possible that the excitement of this affair,

    既然你问我,我也许可以说,在我看来可能是由于这件事对她的刺激,

    the consciousness that she had made so immense a social stride,

    以及她意识到她的社会地位一下子提高了那么多,

    had the effect of causing some little nervous disturbance in my wife."

    这就造成我妻子精神有点错乱。"

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·单身贵族案 第15期:勋爵驾到(7) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·单身贵族案 第17期:勋爵驾到(9)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程