英国语文第四册(双语):避身的岩石(2)
教程:英国语文第四册  浏览:218  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

     

    The sick man seized the minister by the hand, and, gazing intently in his face,

    这个生病的人用手抓住牧师,目不转睛地盯着他的脸看,

    said, "You do not, you cannot recognize me.

    说道:“你不能,你认不出我了。

    But I know you, and knew your father before you.

    但是我认识你,而且还认识你父亲。

    I have been a wanderer in many lands.

    我曾到处流浪。

    I have visited every quarter of the globe, and fought and bled for my king and country.

    我到过世界上的每一个地方,为我的国王和祖国流血战斗。”

    "I came to this town a few weeks ago in bad health.

    “几星期前,我带着病体来到这座城市。

    Last Lord's day I entered your church—the church of my countrymen—where I could once more hear,

    上个礼拜日我去了你在的那所教堂——我同胞的教堂——在那里我能再次聆听传经布道,

    in the language of my youth and of my heart, the gospel preached.

    他们用的是我年轻时的语言,表达的是我内心的感情。

     

    I heard you tell the story of the widow and her son."

    我听到了你讲的那个关于寡妇和她儿子的故事。”

    Here the voice of the old soldier faltered, his emotion almost choked his utterance;

    说到这里,这位老兵的声音颤抖了,他激动得几乎说不出话来;

    but recovering himself for a moment, he cried, "I am that son!" and burst into a flood of tears.

    但他过了一会又缓过来了,他喊道,“我就是你故事里的那个男孩!”说完便老泪众横。

    "Yes," he continued, "I am that son! Never, never did I forget my mother's love.

    “没错,”他继续说道,“我就是故事中的男孩!我从未忘记过妈妈的爱。

    Well might you ask what a heart should mine have been if she had been forgotten by me.

    如果我忘了她,你也许就会想我到底有一副什么心肠。

    Dear, very dear to me is her memory; and my only desire now is,

    她的记忆对我来说很亲近;我现在唯一的愿望就是,

    to lay my bones beside hers in the old church-yard among the hills.

    将我埋在她的身边,埋在群山之中的老教堂墓地。”

     

    0/0
      上一篇:英国语文第四册(双语):避身的岩石(1) 下一篇:英国语文第四册(双语):避身的岩石(3)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)