自己在这个世间还有多少时间 这无关紧要
教程:英语漫读  浏览:376  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    I live in the mountains of West Virginia.

    我住在弗吉尼亚西部的山区

    The curvy, winding roads

    山路蜿蜒曲折

    and the vast woodlands

    山林广袤

    often lead to near misses with the local deer.

    车辆常常与山中冲出来的鹿擦肩而过

    The other day

    有一天

    I was driving my son

    我开车带着儿子

    to work at the sheltered workshop

    送他去工坊干活

    when we saw a deer in the road

    我们在公路上看到一只鹿

    that hadn’t been so lucky.

    已经没了生机

    The driver in front of me

    开在前面的车的司机

    suddenly swerved

    突然转向

    to avoid hitting the corpse

    避免撞到鹿的尸体

    and I quickly followed him

    我很快做出同样的操作

    jerking the steering wheel

    猛地一转方向盘

    to get back in the right lane

    想要回到右边的车道

    before the next blind curve.

    赶在下一个视野不佳的弯道出现之前

    I could see that

    我能看到

    自己在这个世间还有多少时间 这无关紧要

    the way the dead deer was lying between two blind curves

    死掉的鹿正躺在两个视野不佳的弯道中间

    we had an accident waiting to happen.

    我们很可能在那里遇到车祸

    After dropping my son off

    把儿子送到目的地之后

    I hurried back

    我赶紧掉头开回来

    and saw the deer was still in the road.

    发现那头死鹿还呆在路上

    There was a wide spot

    我发现一处宽敞的空地

    on the side of the road.

    就在路边

    I pulled over.

    我停下车

    I got out of my car

    我下了车

    and walked up to where the deer was.

    步行走到死鹿躺着的地方

    Looking both ways for cars

    向两边看了一下是否有车辆来去

    I ran over to the body.

    接着就跑到鹿的尸体旁边

    It was laying in a pool of blood and excrement.

    它躺在血泊中间,血泊中还有许多污秽

    I reached down

    我躬身

    and grabbed its broken hind leg.

    抓住了它已经折断的后腿

    I backed up quickly

    我快速往后退

    dragging it behind me

    拖着那头鹿

    to the side of the road.

    来到了路边

    I looked down at the majestic animal

    我低头看着这体型庞大的动物

    as I wiped off my hands in the wet snow by the guardrail .

    在护栏边湿漉漉的积雪中擦干净手上的血迹

    “So sorry my friend,”

    “真对不起,朋友”

    I said to him.

    我对那头鹿说

    I sadly walked back to my car

    我怀着悲伤走回自己的车

    knowing that

    我知道

    the crows, buzzards, and other scavengers

    乌鸦,秃鹫,还有其他的食腐动物

    would soon take care of the remains.

    很快就会把它的遗骸处理干净

    I was still thinking of that beautiful deer

    我一直想着那只原本美丽的鹿

    later in the day

    那天晚些时候

    when I turned on my computer.

    我打开自己的电脑

    As it came on

    屏幕亮时

    自己在这个世间还有多少时间 这无关紧要

    I smiled with surprise and delight.

    我吃了一惊,欣喜微笑了

    I had forgotten what

    我已然忘了

    my most recent screen saver was:

    自己最近设置的屏图片

    a picture of a deer

    是一只鹿

    in a field of wild flowers

    它站在一丛野花中

    staring at the sunrise.

    抬头看着日出

    I wondered if

    我心想

    that deer’s spirit

    或许那头鹿

    was in a heavenly meadow right now

    此刻已经在某个仙境的草地上

    perhaps romping

    或许它正在嬉戏

    and playing with some of my own furry friends

    抑或正在与许多我的毛茸茸的朋友们玩耍

    who had passed.

    它们都已离我而去

    I wondered too

    我还在想

    about the time I had left here.

    自己在这个世间还有多少时间

    Would it be days, months, or many years?

    是几天,几个月,还是许多年?

    I shook my head,

    我摇摇头

    laughed and decided that

    笑着笃信道

    it didn’t matter

    这无关紧要

    just as long as

    只要

    I lived the time

    在余下的光阴里

    I had left with love, kindness, and joy.

    我都怀着爱意,善良和喜悦过下去

    May you do the same.

    希望你也是如此

    0/0
      上一篇:早餐吃饱,有助减肥! 下一篇:成为一滴露珠是多么美妙的一件事!

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)