这就是奶奶的风格
教程:英语漫读  浏览:451  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    My dear grandmother

    我亲爱的曾祖母

    passed away almost 18 years ago

    去世已经约莫18年了

    but I still miss her

    但我仍然想念她

    every single day.

    每一天都如此

    She was such an important part of my life.

    她在我的生活中占据着十分重要的地位

    My Mom, Dad, brothers and I

    我和哥哥们,爸爸妈妈

    lived in her old house

    一直住在她的老房子里

    for most of my childhood.

    几乎贯穿我整个童年

    And when I close my eyes

    每当我闭上眼睛

    and open my heart

    敞开心扉

    that is how I remember her.

    就会记起她

    这就是奶奶的风格

    I can still see her

    她似乎仍在我眼前

    in her flower print, cotton dress

    穿着印花的棉质连衣裙

    with a flour dusted apron tied over it.

    外面系着一条沾满面粉的围裙

    I can see

    我仍能看到

    her smiling face

    她微笑的脸庞

    with her wispy hair all askew

    一绺绺头发无不凌乱

    and her big glasses sliding down her nose.

    一副大眼镜从鼻梁上滑下来

    I can hear

    我还能听到

    her high pitched voice say,

    她尖着嗓子叫

    "HELLO"

    “你好呀”

    as I opened the door after school

    当我放学回家,打开门的时候

    while her arms opened

    那时,她张开双臂

    to give me a big hug and kiss.

    给我一个大大的拥抱,一个甜甜的吻

    I can even remember

    我还能记得

    how she smelled.

    她身上的气息

    It was a curious combination

    那是许多气味的混合,十分有意思

    of cold cream, Ben Gay,

    里面有雪花膏的味道,药膏的味道

    garlic, and tomato sauce.

    大蒜的味道,还有番茄酱的味道

    And when she hugged me

    当她拥抱我的时候

    I could feel the love and joy

    我能感受到她的爱和愉悦

    coming from her heart into mine.

    从她的心传递到我的心

    I thought I knew everything about my "Nana"

    我以为自己知道关于外婆的一切

    but amazingly

    然而,令我惊叹的是

    I am still learning more about her

    我还能不停的得知新的关于她的事情

    even today.

    甚至就在今天也是如此

    Just yesterday

    就在昨天

    an old family friend

    我们家的一个老朋友

    stopped to talk to me at the local post office.

    看到我在邮局里,特意停脚来跟我打招呼

    She told me

    她告诉我

    of what happened once while she visited my Nana

    从前有一次她去拜访我奶奶的时候发生的事情

    when I was still a little boy.

    那时我还是个小男孩

    They were sitting around the dining room table

    她们围坐在餐厅桌旁 talking相谈甚欢

    and our friend noticed the lovely earrings

    这位朋友注意到了一对可爱的耳环

    my Nana was wearing.

    带在奶奶的耳朵上

    She told Nana

    她告诉奶奶

    about how much she liked them

    自己多么喜欢这对耳环

    and asked

    并且问

    这就是奶奶的风格

    if possibly

    如果可能的话

    she could leave them to her in her will.

    对方是否愿意在遗嘱里写上,把它们转赠给她

    Without a second thought

    没有半刻的迟疑

    my sweet Nana took them off

    我善良的奶奶摘下耳环

    and gave them to her on the spot.

    当场就将它们交给了她

    After our friend left

    这位朋友离开之后

    I stood there

    我站在原地

    for a few minutes

    好几分钟

    in amazement.

    仍然震惊不已

    I had never known this

    我从未听说过这件事

    and as far as I could tell

    而且就我所知

    Nana never mentioned it to anyone.

    奶奶从未对任何人说起这件事

    That was just like her.

    这就是奶奶的风格

    She may have been feisty and temperamental

    或许她曾经有些强势,有些容易激动

    at times

    但那只是偶尔

    but

    然而

    she loved deeply

    她却爱得深沉

    and she gave freely.

    并且慷慨的倾其所有

    I have decided then

    那时我便决定

    that I want to love like Nana loved.

    我想要像奶奶爱别人那样去爱

    I want to give like Nana gave.

    我想要像奶奶付出那样倾我所有

    I want to live like Nana lived.

    我想要像奶奶过去那样去生活

    I want to care more about people

    我想要更多的关心他人

    and less about things.

    更少的关心物质

    I want to let my heart

    我想要让自己的心

    rather than my fear guide me.

    而不是我的恐惧引领我

    I want to share my love

    我想要传播自己的爱

    freely and joyfully.

    自由而欢喜的

    I want to give

    我想要付出

    and to live

    想要生活

    in such a way that sings and smiles.

    想要生活中有歌声与微笑

    May you do the same.

    希望你亦能如此

    0/0
      上一篇:如何在冠状病毒大流行期间增强免疫力? 下一篇:你不需要给你的杂货消毒。但以下是如何安全购物的方法

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)