那些有关爱情的习语(一)
教程:口语实用  浏览:371  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    地道是学习语言的不变追求,本文整理了25个关于爱情的地道习语,希望对大家有所帮助。今天先来看看第一部分。

     

    那些有关爱情的习语(一)

     

    1.FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY

    1.坠入爱河

    start feeling love towards somebody

    对某人产生感情

    I think I’m falling in love with my best friend. What should I do?

    我好像喜欢上了自己的好朋友,怎么办?

    2. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

    2.一见钟情

    falling in love with somebody the first time you see them

    初次见面,便喜欢某人

    My wife and I met at a party. It was love at first sight.

    我和妻子在一次聚会上相识。我们一见钟情。

    3. BE AN ITEM

    3.确立恋爱关系

    two people are an item when they are having a romantic relationship

    两人交往时确立恋爱关系

    I didn’t know Chris and Sue was an item. They didn’t even look at each other at dinner.

    我一点也没发现克里斯和苏在一起了。他们俩吃饭时从不看彼此。

    4. MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN

    4.天作之合

    a relationship in which the two people are great together, because they complement each other so well

    一段恋爱中,两人十分融洽,因为他们有了彼此才完整。

    Do you think Matt and Amanda will get married?

    你认为马特和阿曼达会结婚吗?

    -I hope they will. They’re a match made in heaven.

    -希望如此。他俩简直是绝配。

    5. BE HEAD OVER HEELS (IN LOVE)

    5.死心塌地

    be in love with somebody very much

    深深陷入爱情

    Look at them. They’re head over heels in love with each other.

    看他们,爱的死心塌地,神魂颠倒。

    6. BE LOVEY-DOVEY

    6.卿卿我我

    expressing your love in public by constantly kissing and hugging

    在公众场合亲吻拥抱,卿卿我我。

    I don’t want to go out with Jenny and David. They’re so lovey-dovey, I just can’t stand it.

    我不想跟詹妮和大卫一起出去。他俩总是卿卿我我,真让人受不了。

    7. HAVE THE HOTS FOR SOMEBODY

    7.为某人所倾倒

    finding somebody extremely attractive

    认为某人格外耀眼

    Nadine has the hots for the new apprentice. I wouldn’t be surprised if she asked him out.

    纳丁总是为新学徒所吸引。要是她约他出去,我一点也会不惊讶。

    8. PUPPY LOVE

    8.初恋

    short-term adolescent love

    少男少女之间的短暂爱情

    My son is only twelve, but he’s already in love. Isn’t it a bit too early?

    我儿子虽然才十二岁,但已经开始恋爱了。会不会太早了?

    -Don’t worry, it’s only puppy love. It won’t last.

    -别担心,初恋是短暂的。

    9. DOUBLE DATE

    9.四人约会

    two couples going out together on a date

    两对恋人一起约会

    I’m so glad you and Tom’s brother are an item. From now on we can go on double-dates.

    你能和汤姆的兄弟在一起真是太好了。现在我们可以一起约会了。

    10. ON THE ROCKS

    10.濒于破裂

    if there are problems in a relationship, we may say it’s on the rocks

    如果关系中出现问题,可以用濒于破裂形容

    I wonder if they will call off the wedding. Their relationship seems to be on the rocks.

    我觉得他们很难修成正果。毕竟二人之间的关系趋于破裂。

    11. LOVE RAT

    11.负心汉

    somebody who cheats on his/her partner

    某人有外遇

    Don’t even think about asking Jane out. How could you look your wife in the eye? Don’t be a love rat.

    不要妄想约珍出来。想想要怎么面对自己的妻子?别做负心汉。

    12. POP THE QUESTION

    12.求婚

    ask somebody to marry you

    向某人求婚

    So, did Ben pop the question last night? -No, he didn’t. He just took me out for dinner and that’s all.

    那么,班向你求婚了么? -没有,只是约我出去吃饭。

    0/0
      上一篇:Donkey work,是“驴的工作”吗?那是什么工作? 下一篇:那些有关爱情的习语(二)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)