1. Look 你听我说
Look, I'm really sorry I woke you, I just wanted to tell you I was all right.
听我说,我真抱歉吵醒你,我只是想告诉你我一切都好。
2. Like I said 就像我刚才说的
Like I said before, I see failure as a stepping stone to success.
就像我之前说的,失败是成功之母。
3. You bet 一点也没错
You bet your ass I'm going to fire you.
你完完全全正确,我非把你开除不可。
(有时候为了加强语气,连ass都可以拿来当赌注喔!用来表示这件事是百分之两百地正确。)
4. Well 回应对方之前可以说的
Where did you go last month?
你上个月去哪呢?
Well, I was in America.
这个嘛,我在美国呢。
5. You know 希望得到对方的理解
You know, I don't think that it's made the decision any easier.
你知道吗,我不认为这对作出决定有丝毫帮助。
6. The point is...关键是
I know English is important but the point is how to improve.
我知道英语很重要但关键是如何去提升。
7. There you go. 就这样了。
"There you go." 是老美希望结束一段对话时,很自然会脱口而出的一句话。
“Here you go.” 虽然只有一词之差,但意义是“干的好”。
8. I know 我知道
I know you've been studying chimpanzees for thirty years now.
我知道你研究黑猩猩至今已有30年了。
9. Just right place, right time 天时地利而已
有一次我问老美怎么追到这么一个如花似玉的女朋友,他回答我,"Just right place, right time"。
10. Here's the thing 问题是
Here's the thing, we don't have that much money for the trip.
问题是,我们没有那么多钱去旅行。
11. You know what I'm saying? 你懂我的意思吗?
She was a bit stuck up, you know what I'm saying?
她有点自命不凡,你懂我的意思吗?
12. To be honest 坦白说
To be honest, I don't think we can finish the task.
坦白说,我觉得咱们无法完成这个任务。