李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话第44课
教程:李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话  浏览:2882  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    5. Let’s Make the Most of Our Weekend
    周末狂想曲

    BACKGROUND 背景

    Two friends decide to go to New York for a weekend of fun.
    两个朋友决定到纽约去过周末。


    A: Hi, Kim. I can’t believe that the summer is almost over.
    嗨,金姆。我真不能相信这个夏天就要过去了。

    B: I know. Time flies!
    是啊。光阴似箭。

    A: Friday is a holiday. Let’s take advantage of the long weekend. Do you want to go to New York? We could leave Thursday night and spend the whole weekend in the city.
    星期五放假。让我们好好利用一下这个长周末。想不想去纽约?我们可以星期四晚上走,整个周末都呆在那里。

    B: Okay. But I’d rather go on Friday. I have to get my car fixed on Thursday.
    好啊,不过我想星期五走,我星期四要把车修好。

    A: All right. We can take turns driving.
    好吧,我们可以轮流开车。

    B: Fine. We won’t get so tired that way.
    不错,这样我们就不会太累。

    A: I’m looking forward to seeing New York. I’ve never been there, but I have always wanted to go.
    我真盼望看到纽约啊。我从来没去过,但一直就想去。

    B: I haven’t either. Let’s make the most of our weekend.
    我也是。让我们尽情享受周末吧。

    A: We can go sightseeing during the day. In the evening we can go to a play. Do you think we can get tickets?
    我们白天可以去观光。晚上就去看表演。你说我们会买到票吗?

    B: I don’t think we stand a chance. It’s hard to get tickets on weekends. Anyway, we can try.
    我想我们买不到。周末买票太难了。不管怎样,还是试一下吧。

    A: It doesn’t matter. There are hundreds of things to do in New York, especially during a holiday.
    不要紧。纽约有那么多事可做呢,尤其是在周末。

    B: You’re right! Whatever we do, we are sure to have good time.
    对!不管我们做什么,都会玩得很尽兴的。

    A: Great! I can’t wait until Friday!
    太好了!我盼着快到星期五!

    额外成就感

    take advantage of something: to use something for one’s own benefit 利用;占便宜☆☆☆☆
    * Let’s take advantage of this wonderful weather and go to the beach.
    让我们好好享受这大好天气,去海边玩吧。
    * I want to take advantage of this coupon before it expires. We can get a discount at KFC.
    我想在这个优惠券到期之前把它用了。我们可以去肯德基吃打折套餐。
    * I think your boss really takes advantage of you by making you work over time every night and every weekend!
    我觉得你的老板让你每天晚上和周末加班是在利用你!

    take turns: do something alternately with other persons 依次、轮流☆☆☆
    * There is only one dictionary, so we have to take turns using it.
    这儿就有一本字典,那我们就轮流用吧。
    * My husband and I take turns doing the dishes every night.
    我丈夫和我每天轮流洗碗。
    * Our children go to the same school so we take turns picking them up.
    孩子们都在同一所学校读书,所以我们可以轮流去接他们。
    * If we take turns driving, the trip will go much faster.
    如果我们轮流开车,就会快点到达。

    look forward to something: anticipate with pleasure
    盼望;期待☆☆☆☆
    * I’ve been working hard; I look forward to my vacation this year.
    我一直以来都在拼命工作,我盼着今年的假期快快到来。
    * I always look forward to the New Year.
    我总是盼着新年快快到来。
    * I’m really looking forward to seeing you again.
    我真的很想再见到你。

    make the most of something: do the best one can in a situation; get as much as possible out of it 充分利用☆☆☆☆
    * You made the most of your three days in Beijing. I think you saw everything there.
    你在北京的三天过得很充实。我想你该看的都看了吧。
    * He never made the most of his education, he just wasted his degree.
    他从没有充分利用所受的教育,白白浪费了学位。
    * I like to make the most of my time on the bus by studying English.
    我想充分利用在车上的时间来学习英语。

    stand a chance: have the possibility 有可能;有机会☆☆☆
    * Jim wants a scholarship to Harvard but he doesn’t stand a chance of getting one.
    吉姆想拿哈佛大学的奖学金,但是不太可能。
    * I don’t think their marriage stands a chance. All they ever do is fight.
    我觉得他们的婚姻长不了,他们总是吵架。
    * Do we stand a chance of getting a ticket, or are they sold out?
    我们有希望买到票吗,还是已经卖完了?

    0/0
      上一篇:李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话第43课 下一篇:李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话第45课

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程