李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话第43课
教程:李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话  浏览:2922  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    4. It Doesn’t Make Sense 没道理

    BACKGROUND 背景

    An old friend goes to visit her college roommate in her new house.
    一个老朋友去她的大学同宿舍好友的新居拜访。


    A: Linda, it’s so great to see you again!
    琳达,再次见到你真是太高兴了!

    B: Well, thanks for inviting me to lunch. I never seem to leave my house these days!
    谢谢你邀我吃午饭。我这些天几乎没有出过门!

    A: Come in, please. Make yourself at home.
    请进。随便点,别客气。

    B: Thanks. You have a beautiful place.
    谢谢,你这地方真漂亮。

    A: I’m glad you like it. The furniture’s in pretty bad condition, though. We should get rid of it. It really looks bad in this new house.
    很高兴你喜欢,尽管家具很糟糕。我们应该丢掉它,新房子里放旧家具实在有些难看。

    B: Don’t do that. It’s very comfortable. You have children, don’t you?
    别丢。家具挺舒适的。你有孩子吧?

    A: Yes, we do. Two boys and a girl. Not to mention two dogs and a cat. So we have to make this furniture do. As long as the children are small, anyway. It doesn’t make sense to replace it.
    是啊。两个男孩和一个女孩。而且还有两只狗和一只猫。就是因为孩子们太小了,所以我们不得不留着这些家具。丢掉了没有多大意义。

    B: I know what you mean. Our children are hard on furniture, too. They are always jumping up and down on the sofa or spilling food on my chairs.
    我懂你的意思。我家孩子也是不爱惜家具。他们总是在沙发上蹦来蹦去,要不就把饭撒在椅子上。

    A: They sound just like my children.
    他们跟我的孩子们差不了多少。

    B: Maybe we should get them all together to play with each other some afternoon.
    也许我们该找一个下午让他们聚在一起玩一玩。

    A: That’s a great idea!
    这个主意可真好!

    额外成就感

    make oneself at home: be comfortable, as if in one’s own home
    使自己感到在家里一样,无拘无束☆☆
    * When people come to our house, we like them to make themselves at home.
    家里来客人的时候,我们就让他们感到像在自己家一样。
    * Please make yourself at home. If there is anything I can get for you just let me know.
    请随便,如果有需要我帮忙的,尽管说。
    * My mother-in-law makes herself at home when she comes to visit us.
    我岳母来看我们的时候就像在她自己家一样。

    get rid of something: destroy; throw away; sell 摆脱;扔掉☆☆☆
    * When I told her I didn’t like her new skirt, she got rid of it.
    我告诉她我不喜欢她的新裙子,她就把它扔了。
    * Get rid of all these empty bottles and cans. This place is a mess.
    把这些瓶瓶罐罐的都拿走,这里一团糟。
    * If your secretary is that much trouble why don’t you just get rid of her?
    既然你的秘书那么烦人,为什么不把她炒掉?

    not to mention: omitting to say anything about something
    更不必说;除……外☆☆☆
    * I’ve got too much work to do, I have to prepare a speech for tomorrow, and study for an exam, not to mention the daily book report.
    我有很多作业要做,准备明天的发言,复习考试内容,更不用说每天的读书报告了。
    * I’m not lending you any more money. You still owe me fifty dollars from last week, not to mention the twenty you borrowed the week before that.
    我不会再借给你钱了。你上星期借的50元还没还,更甭说上上星期的那20元了。
    * She’s got an MBA from Harvard, not to mention a law degree from Yale.
    她除了完成哈佛的MBA外,还拿到了耶鲁的法律学位。

    as long as: if, provided that, on condition that只要;如果☆☆
    * As long as you’re going to the library anyway, return this book for me, please.
    反正你也要去图书馆,就请帮我把这本书还了吧。
    * As long as you’re here, you might as well stay for dinner.
    你既然来了,倒不如留下来吃晚饭吧。
    * There will be no gossip in this office as long as I am in charge.
    只要让我管这个办公室,就不会再有任何谣言。

    be hard on something: treat roughly 粗暴对待;苛刻☆☆☆☆☆
    * My little brother is hard on shoes. Look at this pair, they were new a month ago.
    我弟弟穿鞋很费。看这双,一个月前刚买的。
    * This bad weather has been hard on my car.
    这种糟糕的天气在毁我的车子。
    * Her father has always been hard on her.
    她爸爸总是对她很苛刻。

    0/0
      上一篇:李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话第42课 下一篇:李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话第44课

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)