Conversation 1
A:嗨,吉尔,最近怎么样?
A: Hi, Jill! How’s it going?
B:唉,眼下还凑合吧。
B: Well, I am still alive and kicking.
A:你是不是马上就要去美国了?
A: Are you leaving for America soon?
B:估计是这样,也许下个星期一就走了。
B: I guess so. Perhaps next Monday.
Conversation 2
A:你最近过得怎么样?我最近很少见到你。
A: How are you getting along? I haven’t seen much of you lately.
B:忙死了。
B: Keeping busy.
A:忙什么?
A: Doing what?
B:明天我就要答辩了。
B: I am supposed to give my oral defense tomorrow.
A:哦,答辩前夕不忙就怪了。
A: Well, keeping busy before oral defense is all in the day’s work.
Conversation 3
A:天哪,是你!
A: Look, who is here!
B:杰克,真想不到在这里见到你。
B: Jack, fancy meeting you here.
A:李先生,这个世界真小啊!
A: Mr. Li, what a small world!
B:再次见到你真高兴!
B: Boy, I am glad to see you again!
A:我也是。上次在芝加哥见到你是10年前的事了。
A: Me too. It’s been almost 10 years since we last met in Chicago.
B:时间过得真快呀!你怎么样?
B: Yeah, how time flies! How are you these years?
A:好极了,你呢?
A: Couldn’t be better. And how about you?
B:不好也不坏吧。
B: Just so-so.
Conversation 4
A:史密斯先生,早上好。
A: Good morning, Mr. Smith.
B:你好,杰克。
B: Good morning, Jack.
A:您好吗?
A: How are you?
B:很好,谢谢你。你怎么样?
B: Very well, thank you. And how are you?
A:好,谢谢。您上哪儿去?
A: Fine, thanks. Where are you going?
B:我去买东西。你呢?
B: I’m going shopping. And you?
A:我回家去。
A: I’m going home.
B:哦,你应找个时间到我家来看看,见见我女儿。
B: Oh, you must come over and see us some time. I’d like you to meet my daughter.
A:您太客气了。我十分愿意。
A: That’s very nice of you. I’d be pleased to come.
B:很好。见到你太好了,杰克。再见。
B: Very good. Nice to have met you, Jack. Good bye.