麦克:早上好!新搬来的?
Mike: Good morning! Moving in?
理查德:对。
Richard: Yes, I am!
麦克:我叫麦克,是你的隔壁邻居。
Mike: My name’s Mike; I’m your next-door neighbor.
理查德:你好,麦克。我叫理查德。
Richard: How are you doing, Mike? My name’s Richard.
麦克:我能帮你做些什么吗?
Mike: Is there anything I can do to help you?
理查德:喔,不用。谢谢你的好意。
Richard: Oh that’s Okay. Thanks for the offer, though.
麦克:真的不用帮忙吗?
Mike: Are you sure?
理查德:是的,东西才刚搬完。对了,想进来喝点咖啡吗?
Richard: Yeah, everything’s just about moved in. Say, would you like to come in for some coffee?
麦克:这倒是个好主意!让我把这把椅子拿过来……
Mike: Yeah that’s a good idea! Let me get this chair…
理查德:喔,谢谢!
Richard: Oh, thanks!
麦克:今天真热啊!外面肯定有一百度!
Mike: Sure it is hot today! It must be a hundred degrees outside!
理查德:想喝点冷饮吗?冰茶?可乐?果汁?
Richard: Would you like something cool to drink? Iced tea? Coa-cola? Some juice?
麦克:冰茶,加一片柠檬。
Mike: Iced tea would be just fine-with a slice of lemon?
理查德:好的!茶里加糖还是蜂蜜?
Richard: Okay! Would you like some sugar or honey in your tea?
麦克:加一点糖就好了。还有一片柠檬……
Mike: A little sugar would be fine…and a slice of lemon?
理查德:好的。来了。
Richard: Okay…there you go…
麦克:谢谢!嗯,很香。
Mike: Thank you! Mmmmm this is delicious!
理查德:很高兴你能喜欢。你饿了吗?我刚烤了草莓派,热烘烘刚出炉。
Richard: I’m glad you like it. Are you hungry? I just baked a fresh strawberry pie…it’s fresh out of the oven…
麦克:听起来不错。我来一片吧。
Mike: Sounds delicious. I’d like a little slice.