House: Another reason I don’t like meeting patients. If they don’t know what you look like, they can’t yell at you.
我不喜欢见病人的另一个原因就是,如果他们不知道你的样子,他们就没法冲你大吼大叫。
Dr. House: The most successful marriages are based on lies. You’re off to a great start.
成功的婚姻都是谎言的基础上建立起来的,你已经开了个好头。
House: You told me you had not changed your diet or exercise. Were you lying?
你告诉我你没改变你的日常饮食规律,是不是说谎了?
Samantha: Lying?
说谎?
House: Does your husband have high blood pressure?
你丈夫是不是有高血压?
Samantha: My husband?
我丈夫?
House: Yeah, see, if you’re going to repeat everything I say, this conversation’s going to take twice as long.
恩,你看,如果你重复我说的每一句话,这次谈话就要花两倍的时间了。
Dr. Cameron: I’ll check into it.
我去查查这个。
Dr. Foreman: I’ll make the call.
我去打电话。
Dr. Chase: I’ll keep the kid alive. For a while at least.
我去保持那孩子活着.至少能维持一会儿。
House: I’ll have lunch.
我去吃午饭......
Dr. Cameron: I’ll check into it.
我去查查这个。
Dr. Foreman: I’ll make the call.
我去打电话。
Dr. Chase: I’ll keep the kid alive. For a while at least.
我去保持那孩子活着.至少能维持一会儿。
House: I’ll have lunch.
我去吃午饭......
Dr. Cameron: Yeah, I I trusted you.
没错,我相信你。
House: You always trust me. That’s a big mistake.
你总是相信我,这是个大错误。
House: I take risks - sometimes patients die. But not taking risks causes more patients to die. So I guess my biggest problem is I’ve been cursed with the ability to do the math.
我承担风险,有时病人会死,但如果我不冒风险,更多的病人会死,所以我最大的问题就是我已经学会了算术。
Dr. Cuddy: Answer me.
回答我。
House: Nothing I could say is going to change how you feel, and nothing could come out of your reaction that is going to change what I plan to do. So I prefer to say nothing.
不管我说什么都不会改变你的想法,不管你说什么都不会改变我的做法,所以我宁可什么也不说。
Dr. Foreman: You know, House shouldn’t even be here!
你知道的,豪斯甚至不应该在这!
Dr. Chase: Because he said something inappropriate? If we sent him home every time he did that, he’d never be here. We wouldn’t even need his office.
因为他说了一些不合适的话? 如果他每次说那些我们都把他送走,那他永远也不会出现在这了,我们甚至不需要这间办公室了。
Dr. Cameron: I was the first person (House) ran into. He just asked me.
我是他碰到的第一个人,所以他约了我.
Dr. Chase: Yeah, like a date.
对,就象是个约会。
Dr. Cameron: Exactly. Except for the “date” part.
没错,除了“约会”那一部分。
House: But I had three reasons.
我有三个理由。
Dr. Cuddy: Good ones?
够合理吗?
House: Well, lets see in a minute - I’m just making them up now.
恩,等一会,我正在编呢。
BLAH BLAH BLAH.....(CUDDY没买帐)
House: Which brings me to my fourth reason.
我还有第四个理由。
Dr. Cuddy: I thought you said there were only three?
你说过只有三个理由。
House: I thought you’d buy one of them.
我以为你会相信其中的一个。
Dr. Wilson: Who?
谁?
House: Kevin. In Bookkeeping.
Kevin。
Dr. Wilson: Okay, well first of all, his name is Carl.
OK,首先,他的名字是Carl。
House: I call him Kevin. It’s his secret friendship club name.
我管它叫Kevin,这是他在私密关系俱乐部的名字。
Dr. Wilson: How do you know she needs a heart transplant?
你怎么知道她需要心脏移植?
House: I got my aura read today. It said someone close to me had a broken heart.
我看了占卜书,上面说今天有个人会心碎。
Dr. Wilson: You lied, didn’t you?
你说谎了,是不是?
House: I never lie.
我从不说谎。
Dr. Wilson: Big mistake.
超级错。
Lola: You have a big "keep out’ sign stapled on your forehead.
你满脸的不乐意,就差在你头上贴块"别理我"的牌子了。
House: That explains it. I told them to put it on my door.
没错,我早就告诉他们把牌子挂在门口了。
Dr. Cameron: I don’t have the right to show interest in someone?
难道我没有对某人感兴趣的权利吗?
Dr. Forman: You absolutely do. And I absolutely have the right to humiliate you for it.
你当然有,而我也当然有对此取乐的权利。
House: You were pregnant. Based on your hormone levels, you had a miscarriage.
你怀孕了,从你的激素水平看,你刚刚自然流产了。
Sarah: I haven’t even been on a date.
我没有和人约会过。
House: Right, since it’s physically impossible to have sex without someone buying you dinner.
好吧,显然没人请你吃饭的话你是无法和人做爱的。
Sarah: I haven’t had sex since I split up with my husband.That was almost a year ago.
自从我和丈夫分手后就没做过爱了,那都快有一年了。
House: Fine, have it your way. Immaculate conception.
好吧,你是第二个圣母玛利亚。
Sarah: Um, what do I do?
我该怎么做?
House: Well, it’s obvious. Start a religion
恩,很显然,你该开创个宗教。
House: Someday there will be a black president. Someday there will be a gay president. Maybe there’ll even be a gay black president. But one combination I do not see is gay, black, and dead.
有一天我们会有一位黑人总统,有一天我们会有一位同性恋总统,也许有一天我们会有一位黑人同性恋总统,但是肯定不会有个既是同性恋,又是黑人,还是死人的总统。
House: Take these, go home, talk to your daughter.
吃了这药,回家和你女儿谈谈。
Female Patient: What?
为什么?
House: Your pants, your blouse, your scarf are all freshly dry cleaned. Everything except your jacket, it’s got a smudge on it. Probably two days old. Which means you didn’t know the jacket had been worn. So either your husband is a crossdresser or your daughter has been borrowing your clothes without telling you. Probably wants to look older to get into bars.
你的裤子、衬衫、围巾都是刚刚干洗过的,只有你的外套上面有块污迹,也许有两天了。这说明你没发现它被人穿过,所以要么是你丈夫有变装癖,要么就是你女儿偷偷穿了你衣服出去,好装扮得成熟点去混进酒吧.