《口语训练营》是原有的《趣味青春英语》的内容精编版,每期介绍一组对话。本期我们来学习[多年以后,你们还会聊起教过自己的老师吗?],一起来看一下吧!
你最喜欢哪一位老师呢?
她是个什么样的人?
你知道该如何来形容吗?
来听今天的讲解:
A: Who was the best teacher that you ever had?
你曾经经历的老师,哪一个最好?
B: That would have to be Miss Baymler, my fourth grade teacher.
Miss.Baymler,我四年级的老师。
A: What was she like?
她什么样子呢?
B: She was patient, kind, fun, smart, caring, and yet strict, too. I really learned a lot from her.
她非常的耐心、友善、有意思、聪明、会关心别人但是也非常严格。我从她身上学到了很多。
A: What kind of things did you learn?
那你学到什么了呢?
B: She taught us that you can do anything that you want to do.
她教会我们只要你想就会实现任何的事情。
A: Anything? Do you really believe that we can do anything ?
任何事情?你真的相信我们能做任何的事情吗?
B: If you really want to do something and you work hard at it, I believe you can do it.
如果你想实现某件事情的话你一定要非常努力,我相信你能做到。
A: You said she was strict. Did she have a lot of rules?
你说她很严厉。她是不是有很多的规矩?
B: She had some rules that helped us to feel comfortable. For example, the students had to treat each other with respect, or they would be disciplined.
她是有很多规矩让我们感觉很舒服。比如她教会我们要相互尊重,否则会受到处罚。
A: I see. She sounds like she really cared about her students.
我看出来她对学生都非常的关心。
B:Yes. She treated us all fairly, she don’t have any teacher’s pets.
是的,她对每一个学生都非常的公平,她没有“老师的宠物”。
A: Really? Doesn’t every teacher have a teacher’s pet?
真的?不是每个老师都有“老师的宠物”吗?
B: Well. To be honest, I usually sucked up to teachers because I wanted them to give me good grades. However, Miss Baymler didn’t treat me any differently. She really didn’t have any teacher’s pets.
说实话,我经常拍老师马屁,因为我觉得老师会给我一个好的分数。然而,她并没有对我有所不同。
A: Do you know what she is doing now?
你知道她现在在做什么吗?
B: As a matter of fact, I do. After she taught our class, she got married and moved to another city. Then, she started writing children’s book.
事实上我是知道的。她教完我们后结婚了,搬到到了另外一座城市,开始创作儿童读物。
A: Have you ever read one of the books?
你读过那些书吗?
B: Of course! Both children and adults enjoy her books.
当然!大人和孩子都喜欢她的书。
A: Why don’t you recommend one to me?
那为什么不推荐一本给我呢?
B: OK! I’ll bring one to you next time.
好的,下次我给你带一本!
以上就是本期[多年以后,你们还会聊起教过自己的老师吗?]的全部内容,希望你能从中有所收获!