在美国为什么在九点之后不能买酒了?人们怎么看待管制喝酒的法律
教程:英语对话  浏览:253  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    今天的这段对话,在讨论管制喝酒的法律,
     
    在美国为什么在九点之后不能买酒了?人们怎么看待管制喝酒的法律
     
    来听今天的讲解:
     
    A: Wow! It's 8:45. If we want to buy some beer, we should go now.
     
    哇!八点四十五分了,如果我们要买啤酒的话,现在该走了。
     
    B: Why? The party doesn't start until 10:30.
     
    为什么?派对十点半才开始。
     
    A: Yes. But the liquor stores stop selling alcohol at 9:00.
     
    是的,可是酒店九点过后就不卖酒了。
     
    B: Really? All the liquor stores?
     
    真的吗?所有的酒店吗?
     
    A: Yes. It's a state law.
     
    是的,这是州政府的法律。
     
    B: You mean you can't buy beer after 9:00?
     
    你是指九点以后不能买酒?
     
    A: That's right.
     
    没错。
     
    B: How strange! Why is there a law like that?
     
    好奇怪!为什么有那样的法律?
     
    A: I don't like it either.But I guess a lot of Americans want to regulate drinking.They don't think it's good if people buy alcohol late at night.
     
    我也不喜欢。我猜是很多美国人想管制喝酒。他们认为太晚买酒是不好的。
     
    B: But the bars are still open after 9:00. So people could just go to the bars.
     
    但是酒吧九点以后还是开的啊,所以只要去酒吧就好了。
     
    A: Of course. They can drink in the bars.But they can't buy beer at the bars and carry it outside.
     
    当然,他们可以在酒吧喝酒。但是不能在酒吧买酒外带。
     
    B: Is that true?
     
    真的吗?
     
    A: It's true. It's against the law.And the bars must close at 1:30 am. If they stay open later, they could get fined.
     
    是真的,这是违反法律的。而且酒吧必须在一点半关门,如果超出营业时间,就会被罚款。
     
    B: That's silly. That's too early.
     
    好蠢喔,那样太早了。
     
    A: I agree. Sometimes I think the government here treats people like children.
     
    我同意。有时我认为这儿的政府把人民当作小孩。
     
    B: I'm really surprised. I thought America was "the land of the free".But you aren't even free to buy beer when you want.
     
    我真的很惊讶,我以为美国是块自由之地,但是你们连买啤酒都不自由。
     
    A: There was a time in American history when alcohol was even illegal.
     
    在美国历史上酒甚至一度是非法的。
     
    B: I know. I read about it.
     
    我知道,我读过。
     
    A: So I think the laws today reflect that old attitude.Many people think alcohol is bad. And they think the government should control it.
     
    所以我认为现今的法律反映出旧有的态度。很多人认为酒是不好的,而且政府应该管制。
     
    B: Wait a minute. You said you can't buy beer at a liquor store after 9:00.
     
    等等,你说九点以后在酒店买不到酒。
     
    A: That's right.
     
    没错。
     
    B: But what about Seven-Elevens.I saw a Seven-Eleven near your apartment, and they sell beer there.And they are open 24 hours.
     
    那么 7-11店呢?我看过你家附近有一家7-11店,那儿有卖啤酒。而且是24小时的。
     
    A: At 9:00, they have to put a lock on the beer cooler.So even at a Seven-Eleven, you have to buy beer before 9:00.
     
    一到九点,他们必须把啤酒的冰箱锁起来。所以即便是在7-11店,你也必须在九点以前买啤酒。
     
    B: What a strange law!
     
    好奇怪的法律!
     
    A: I agree. Sometimes I think there are too many laws here.
     
    我同意。有时我觉得这儿的规章太多。
     
    B: So let's hurry and buy the beer. Before it's too late.
     
    那么我们快去买啤酒吧,免得太晚。
     
    A: Alright, let's go.
     
    好,走吧。
    0/0
      上一篇:男朋友向你求婚后你会想些什么?婚后会马上生孩子吗 下一篇:你怎么看待同性恋酒吧?会感到恐惧吗

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)