今天的这段对话,在讨论同性恋酒吧,
你怎么看待同性恋酒吧?会感到恐惧吗
来听今天的讲解:
A: We have to pick up Conrad before the party.
我们在派对开始前要去接康瑞德。
B: Alright, no problem.
好的,没问题。
A: We're supposed to meet him at Cal's Bar at 10:00,but he said he might be a little late. So maybe we'll have a drink there.
我们约好十点在凯尔酒吧碰面,但是他说可能会晚一点,所以我们可以在那儿喝一杯。
B: Wait a minute. Cal's bar?
等等,凯尔酒吧?
A: Yes.
是的。
B: That's a gay bar.
那是同性恋酒吧。
A: Yes, it is. Conrad is gay. Didn't you know?
是的。康瑞德是同性恋,你不知道吗?
B: I thought he was maybe gay, but I wasn't sure.Anyhow, you don't expect me to go into a gay bar, do you?
我想他可能是同性恋,但是不确定。不管怎么说,你要我去同性恋酒吧吗?
A: Why not? We're supposed to meet him there.
为何不?我们约在那儿碰面的。
B: Why doesn't he meet us outside?
为什么不在外头碰面?
A: Why should he do that? It isn't illegal for us to go in.
为何他要那么做?我们进去又不违法。
B: Yeah, but who wants to go in?I'm not gay, you know. Why should I go in a gay bar?
没错。但是谁要进去?我不是同性恋,为何要去同性恋酒吧?
A: You sound like you're afraid.
听起来你好像很害怕。
B: I just wouldn't be comfortable.
我只是会很不自在。
A: You've never been in a gay bar before?
你以前没去过同性恋酒吧吗?
B: No, never.
从来没有。
A: But it's just a bar. There's no danger.You shouldn't be so homophobic.
只是酒吧,不会危险的。你不要对同性恋这么恐惧。
B: Well...
嗯……
A: Listen. If you refuse to go in, Conrad will be offended.You don't hate gay people, do you?
听好,如果你拒绝进去,你将会冒犯到康瑞德。你又不讨厌同性恋,不是吗?
B: No, I don't. But I never went into a gay bar before.
是的,我不讨厌。但是我从来没去过同性恋酒吧。
A: Don't worry about it. There is nothing strange about it.If Conrad's there, we'll leave for the party.If he's not, we'll sit down and have a drink.
别担心,没什么好奇怪的。如果康瑞德到了,我们就去派对。如果还没,我们就坐下来喝杯酒。
B: Okay. I will try it.I suppose it isn't reasonable for me to refuse to go in.After all, gay people aren't afraid to go into normal bars.
好,我试试看。我想我没理由拒绝进去。毕竟同性恋者不会害怕去一般的酒吧。
A: I'm glad you feel that way.We'll leave in about ten minutes, alright?
我很高兴你那么想。我们十分钟后离开好吗?
B: Fine.
好的。