哈佛大学中华学会如何帮助中国学生?中国学生和学者联合会有什么作用
教程:英语对话  浏览:128  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    今天的这段对话,在讨论哈佛中国留学生社团,
     
    哈佛大学中华学会如何帮助中国学生?中国学生和学者联合会有什么作用
     
    来听今天的讲解:

     
    A: Hi, John.
     
    你好,约翰。
     
    B: Hey, Li, haven’t seen you for a while. How are you doing these days?
     
    你好,李,有一段时间没看到你了,最近怎么样?
     
    A: I’m good. What’s new with you?
     
    我很好,你呢?有什么新鲜事吗?
     
    B: Nothing much. Oh, I made a new friend. Guess what? She,s from China too.
     
    没什么。对了,我交了一个新朋友,猜猜看?她也是来自中国。
     
    A: Really? Is she a Harvard student too?
     
    真的?她也是哈佛的学生吗?
     
    B: She,s my classmate. Look, here she comes.
     
    她是我的同班同学。看,她来了。
     
    (Han Meimei comes over.)
     
    (韩梅梅走过来了)
     
    A:Is this your new friend, John? Hi, Han Meimei, long time no see.
     
    约翰,这就是你的新朋友吗?你好,韩梅梅,好久不见了!
     
    C: Oh,my god! Li Lei, what a coincidence to meet you here. How is everything going?
     
    哦,天哪,李雷!在这儿遇到你真是太巧合啦,一切都好吗?
     
    A:Fine! You look great too.
     
    很好,你看起来不错!
     
    C: Yes, but I’m still getting used to my new Life here.
     
    嗯,不过我正在慢慢适应在这的新生活。
     
    B:You knew each other?
     
    你们认识?
     
    C: Yes, wfe were neighborhood, but I didn’t see him often after he came to America,
     
    是的,我们是邻居,但自从他去美国后我就没有看到他了。
     
    B: That’s great! I believe you two have a lot to talk about. I might as well go first. See you.
     
    B:太棒啦!我想你们一定有很多事要聊,我还是先走吧,再见!
     
    C:See you tomorrow.
     
    明天见!
     
    A: See you around.
     
    再见!
     
    C: How is life at Harvard?
     
    在哈佛过得怎么样?
     
    A: Not bad. But at first it’s hard for me to adjust to it.
     
    还行,只是刚开始时对我来说有点难适应。
     
    C: That’s must hard for you.
     
    那对你来说一定很难。
     
    A: Fortunately, I got a lot of help from the Chinese students' association at Harvard.
     
    幸好,在哈佛的中国学生社团给予了我很多帮助。
     
    C: Sounds like a fellow townsmen,club back in China.
     
    听起来就像是在中国的同乡俱乐部。
     
    A: In America, all Chinese are fellow “townsmen”.
     
    在美国,所有的中国人都是老乡。
     
    C: Can I join it if I go to Harvard in the future?
     
    如果我将来进哈佛了也能加入吗?
     
    A:You’ll be welcome because you can give us a big hand once you join us.
     
    你会受到欢迎的,因为一旦你加入会给我们带来很大帮肋。
     
    C: What’s the association’s name exactly? I’d like to look it up from the internet.
     
    社团确切的名字是什么?我想在网上査找一下。
     
    A: Harvard-Radcliffe Chinese Students Association.
     
    哈佛大学中华学会。
     
    C: How does it help Chinese students?
     
    它是如何帮助中国学生的呢?
     
    A: The biggest help offered by it is to make us feel at home, I would say. It hosts nearly 80 events each year, celebrating our traditional festivals, and keeping us aware of Chinese culture.
     
    A:它最大的帮助是让我们感觉在家里一样。总之,它每年约举办80次活动,庆祝我们的传统节日,让我们保持对中国文化的认识。
     
    C:It ought to be that way. It'll be very embarrassing if foreigners ask something about Chinese culture that we should not know at all.
     
    它就应该那样做!如果外国人问我们一些关于中国的文化知识我们却什么都不知道,那样会很尴尬的。
     
    A: That’s why we founded such an association at Harvard College. Actually there’s another Chinese association at Harvard, but it’s for graduate Chinese students.
     
    那就是为什么我们在哈佛大学成立这样一个社团了。事实上,哈佛还有另外一个中国社团,不过它是专为研究生和已经毕业的中国学生设立的。
     
    C: What’s that?
     
    是什么?
     
    A: It’s called Harvard Chinese Students and Scholars Association. Personally speaking, this one is more important.
     
    它叫做"中国学生和学者联合会”。就个人而言,它更重要。
     
    C: I don’t understand.
     
    我不明白。
     
    A: You know, a lot of Chinese graduate students spend their undergrad years in China, so their thinking model is almost fixed.
     
    你知道,很多中国学生没毕业之前大都在中国,他们的思考模式已经固定了。
     
    C: It must be even harder for them to adjust to American culture and society,
     
    对他们来说,适应美国的文化和社会必定更难。
     
    A: Few of them can completely overcome the language and cultural barrier, though they generally have no difficulty in scientific communication.
     
    他们很少能完全克服语言和文化的障碍,虽然他们一般在技术性的沟通上没有困难。
     
    C: So they are in need of help. HCSSA can safeguard their rights and interests while promoting Chinese culture. Am I right?
     
    所以他们需要帮肋,HCSSA在宣扬中国文化时能够保障他们的权利和利益。我说的对吗?
     
    A: Completely! You have the awareness we need. You must come to join our association when you're admitted by Harvard.
     
    非常正确!你有我们所需要的意识。如果你被哈佛录取了一定要来参加我们的社团啊。
     
    C: I’m flattered, but I’m glad I’ll be helpful.
     
    过奖了,但很高兴会有所帮肋。
    0/0
      上一篇:在哈佛模拟联合国大会上可以学到什么?为什么每年都有来自世界各地的学生来参加这个大会 下一篇:侯维翰是怎么克服种族歧视的?创办哈佛拉德克利夫亚裔美国人协会的原因是什么

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)