今天的这段对话,在讨论买邮票,
需要邮寄圣诞卡到国外,如何在邮局购买邮票
来听今天的讲解:
A: excuse me, could you tell me which line I’m supposed to stand in to buy bubble wrap and to post a package?
打扰一下,请问我要排哪条队伍可以买到气泡衬垫包装纸,然后寄包裹?
B: you can buy the bubble wrap here, but you’ll have to stand in line over here to post your paskage.
你可以在这儿买气泡衬垫包装纸,但是要寄包裹的话得去那边排队。
A: that’s a really long line. How long do you think it’ll take to get through all those people?
那条队可真长啊。你觉得我得需要多长时间?
B: it takes about 3 minutes per person, so it’ll probably be about an hour’s wait.
每个人大概需要三分钟左右,所以您得等一个小时。
A: can I buy stamps here?
邮票是在这儿买吗?
B: sure. How many would you like?
没错。要买多少?
A: I need 30 for my Chrismas cards.
我要寄圣诞卡,大概需要三十张。
B: are you sending them abroad?
都是寄到国外去的吗?
A: twenty of them are going abroad to China to America.
其中有20张是寄到中国和美国的。
B: do you have any going anywhere in the EU? If you do, those are less expensive.
有没有寄到欧洲去的?如果没有寄到那边的,邮费没那么贵。
A: no.
没有。
B: ok, here you go. That will be 18 pounds and seventy two pence.
好的,给你。一共是18英镑72便士。
A: and the bubble wrap?
气泡衬垫包装纸是多少钱?
B: that’s another quid.
还要额外再加1英镑。
A: thanks a lot. You’ve been very helpful.
非常感谢。你帮了不少忙。