今天的这段对话,在讨论交通工具,
谈谈在伦敦乘坐公共汽车的糟糕经历,去剧院坐什么交通工具更好
来听今天的讲解:
A: so, how should we go to the theatre?
哎,咱们怎么去剧院?
B: let's take the bus.
坐公共汽车吧.
A: I hate the bus system in London! The bus drivers are rude, the buses are never on time, and there are few people around who can help you.
我讨厌伦敦的公共交通体系.公共汽车司机总是很粗鲁无礼,汽车从来都不按时到达,周围也没什么人能帮忙.
B: it's not that bad. You probably just had a bad experience once.
没那么糟糕吧.大概你你以前有过一次很糟糕的经历.
A: it wasn't just once. Every single time I take the bus, something bad happens to me or to someone else on the bus.
可不止一次.每次我坐公共汽车,总会遇到点什么情况,不是我就是车上的其他人.
B: we could take the subway, but we'd have to go three stops along one line and then change trains twice.
那咱们可以去坐地铁,但是得沿着一条线坐三站地,然后还得换2次车.
A: train fares are twice as expensive as the bus fare, too.
地铁票价可是公共汽车的2倍呢.
B: if we don't hurry up, we'll miss the show. Should we take the bus?
如果咱们再不抓紧时间,可要误了这场演出了.坐公共汽车怎么样?
A: we're already late, so I think we had better take a taxi.
咱们已经晚了,我想最好还是打车吧.
B: I don't think we'll be able to find a taxi very easily during hush hours. Let's just take the bus.
我觉得在交通高峰期叫出租车不是那么容易的事情.还是坐公交车去吧.
A: fine. Have a look at the timetable to find out when the next one arrives.
好吧.查查时间表,看看下一班车几点到.
B: it looks like it should be here in just a few minutes.
看起来它应该在几分钟内到达这里。
A: don't worry. Nothing bad will happen. I'll even buy your ticket for you.
别担心,不会出什么状况的.我还可以替你买票.
B: thanks, that was nice of you.
谢谢,你真好.
A: see, now something good has happened to you on a bus trip!
看见了吧,这次你坐公交车好事已经出现了!