今天的这段对话,在讨论上网,
所有的线都接上了还是上不了网该怎么办
来听今天的讲解:
A: what's up?
什么事?
B: not much. I'm just trying to hook up to the internet. I'm having a few problems though.
也没什么.我正在学着上网.不过我还有很多问题.
A: what's wrong?
什么问题?
B: I've got all the cords plugged in, but it appears that I'm offline.
我把所有的线都接上了,可是好像还是上不了网.
A: Are you using dial-up or broadband?
你用拨号还是宽带?
B: actually, I've got a wireless connection.
实际上,我用的是无线连接.
A: In that case, you need to turn on your airport.
要是这样的话,你应该把连接端口打开.
B: I hook up to the Internet every day. I can't believe I didn't do that.
我每天都上网.真不敢相信自己居然没有端口.
A: do you like ever chat online?
你平时喜欢上网吗?
B: No, but I'd like to. Do you have to pay to do instant messaging?
平时不上网聊天,不过我很想这样做.你使用即时通讯工具需要付费吗?
A: Oh, no. You can regsiter for free. Just go to the yahoo website and it will tell you how to do it.
哦,不用.你可以免费注册.先登录雅虎网站,然后它会告诉你怎么做.
B: what do you do if people want to talk to you online but you don't want to talk to them?
如果在网上有人想跟你聊天,而你不想理他该怎么办?
A: well, you can always block them. When I don't feel like talking to certain people online, that's what I do.
嗯,你可以把他阻止掉.只是我不想跟谁说话,我就把他阻止了.
B: what's your email address? I'll add you to my contacts list.
你的电子邮箱是什么?我可以把你添加到联系人里.
A: it's aubreyinchina@yahoo.com.
是aubreyinchina@yahoo.com.
B: cool. We can meet up in a chat room sometime or just chat online using messenger.
太好了.我们以后可以在聊天室见面,或者就用messenger.谢谢你的帮助!
A: don't mention it.
别客气!