今天的这段对话,在讨论男朋友,
男朋友经常不联系你,你打算怎么办
来听今天的讲解:
A: how's it going?
最近过得怎么样?
B: I'm in a really bad mood, actually. How about you?
我心情好极了.你呢?
A: to be honest, I'm a bit fed up.
老实说,我有点儿心烦.
B: what's wrong?
怎么了?
A: well, my boyfriend was supposed to call me last night, but he never did.
恩,我男朋友昨天晚上应该给我打电话的,可是他一直都没打.
B: that's too bad. I'm sure there's a logical explaination for it. Don't be too upset about it.
那可太糟糕了.我想一定会有个合理的解释.别为这个太难过.
A: the thing is, this isn't the first time he's promised to do something and then didn't.
问题是,他答应给我打而没打,这已经不是第一次了.
B: I see how that can get a bit annoying.
我明白,这的确会让人有点生气.
A: a bit? I'm extremely annoyed that he didn't phone me when he promised me that he would! He's such a liar.
有点儿?我为这事生气极了.他是个大骗子!
B: so what are you going to do about it?
那你打算怎么办?
A: I don't know. I've got mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I really want to end it with him, but on the other hand, I don't want to be without him.
我不知道.我现在情绪很复杂.一方面,我真想跟他分手,但是另一方面,我又不想离开他.
B: what do you think would make you happier?
那你觉得怎样你才会开心点?
A: in the long run, I think breaking up with him would make me much happier, but I know that I'll be depressed about it for a few weeks first.
从长远考虑,我觉得跟他分手我可能会更开心,但是我知道,刚分手的那几个星期我都会为这事而情绪低落.
B: relationships can be confusing sometimes.
感情的事情有时候真让人困惑.
A: what would you do if you were me?
如果你是我,你会怎么办?
B: I'd call him and dump him now! You deserve better than him!
我会现在就给他打电话,把他甩了!你一定能找个比他更好的!