今天的这段对话,在讨论恐高,
很多人都有恐高症,应该如何克服恐高症
来听今天的讲解:
A: why are you in such a good mood today?
你今天心情怎么这么好?
B: well, yesterday, I decided to face my fear of heights.
恩,昨天我下定决心正视自己的恐高问题.
A: I didn't know you were scared of heights! Was it really bad?
我不知道你恐高!严重吗?
B: let me put it this way. I've never seen a porfessional soprts game in a stadium because I could never get myself to walk to the top of the stairs to sit down.
这么跟你解释吧.我从来没去体育馆看过任何一场职业比赛,因为我不敢从楼梯走上去找座位坐下.
A: so what did you do about it yesterday?
那你昨天怎么做了?
B: I went sky-diving!
我去高空跳伞了.
A: you're kidding me! that sounds really scary!
你开玩笑吧!这听起来太恐怖了!
B: It was scary, but it felt great, too.
确实很恐怖.不过感觉棒极了!
A: weren't you scared?
你不害怕吗?
B: of course I was scared. But I had an instrustor that went with me and that helped.
我当然害怕.不过有个教练一直陪着我,指导我.
A: so have you cured your fear of heights?
那你的恐高症就这么好了?
B: I think so. After I jumped out of the plane,I realized that I should just enjoy life. Worrying about it or not doing things out of fear is just plain silly.
我觉得是.从飞机上跳下去的那一刻,我意识到我应该尽情享受生活.总是怕东怕西或者陷入恐惧什么都不敢做,实在是太傻了.
A: I'm impressed.
我明白了.
B: are you scared of anything?
你有什么害怕的吗?
A: well, sometimes I get scared when I'm in my apartment all by myself.
恩,有时候,我独自一人待在房间时会有点害怕.
B: what do you think is going to happen?
你觉得会发生什么事情吗?
A: I always worry that the door is unlocked or that a window is open and that a stranger will come in and steal my things.
我总是担心门或窗没锁,会有小偷进来偷东西.
B: it sounds like you just need to be more careful.
听起来你做事需要更谨慎些.