今天的这段对话,在讨论晚餐,
晚餐吃了哪些食物?姐姐出车祸如何去接她
来听今天的讲解:
A: that was a great dinner. I didn't know that you knew how yo cook.
晚餐真是美味极了!我不知道你会做饭.
B: I'm glad you liked it. Are you ready for dessert?
你喜欢我就很开心了.准备好吃甜点了吗?
A: I don't know.I'm pretty full. What are we having?
我不知道.我真的很撑了.咱们要吃什么?
B: I made strawberry shortcake.
我做了草莓酥饼.
A: ooh, that's my favorite. Maybe I'll have a small slice.
哦,那可是我的最爱.也许我就再吃一小块.
B: Great. Would you like coffee or tea with that?
好极了.你想配咖啡还是茶?
A: I'll have a cup of tea.
一杯茶就好.
B: do you take cream or sugar with your tea?
茶里放奶油还是放糖?
A: acutally, could I have some milk with that?
老实说,放牛奶行吗?
B: definitely. Would you like skim or whole milk?
绝对没问题.牛奶要脱脂的还是全脂的?
A: skim, please. That'd be very nice. Thanks...oh no. Janna, I'm so sorry, but I've got to go.
脱脂的吧.这杯一定会很好喝的,谢谢.哦...不.詹娜,实在对不起,我得走了.
B: what happened?
出了什么事?
A: I just got a message from my sister saying that she's been in a car accident. I need to go pick her up.
我姐姐刚刚给我发了条短信,说她出了交通事故.我得去接她.
B: I'll go with you. Where is she?
我陪你一起去吧.她在哪儿?
A: she's on the M40, near Reading.
她在瑞丁附近的M40号公路上.
B: is she alright?
她人没事吧?
A: I don't know, she didn't say. I'm so sorry about this.
我不知道.她没说.真不好意思.
B: don't worry. Family comes first. Come on, let's go.
别担心.家人第一嘛.来吧,咱们出发.
A: actually, I've only got a two-seater. I'll have to go on my own.
其实我的车只有2个座位.我得一个人去.
B: ok. Just call me if you need anything then.
好吧.要是到那儿需要帮忙就给我打电话.
A: I will. Thanks a lot.
我会的.非常感谢.