今天的这段对话,在讨论冰雹,
准备去超市时下起了冰雹该怎么办?这场暴风冰雹会持续多长时间
来听今天的讲解:
A: are your ready to go to the supermarket?
你准备好去超市了吗?
B: yes, are you?
是啊,你呢?
A: I've got my money and my keys, so I'm ready.
我已经拿好钱和钥匙了,一切就绪.
B: you do know that it's alsolutely freezing out, don't you? I'd put a coat on if I were you.
你知道外面很冷,对吧?如果我是你,我就穿件外套.
A: it wasn't cold out this morning.
今天早上外面可不冷.
B: well, it's started raining since then. Look out the window! It's pouring rain out there!
恩.后来开始下雨了.看看窗户外面!简直是倾盆大雨.
A: well, I guess we'd better grab our umbrellas then, as well.
哦,我猜咱们最好再拿上雨伞吧.
B: have a look outside for me. Does that look like hail to you?
帮我再看一眼外面.怎么好像下冰雹了?
A: it does, actually. Maybe we should wait for it to clear up before we go shopping.
确实是.也许咱们该等天放晴了再出去买东西.
B: that's a good idea. But maybe we should move the car so that the hail doesn't dent it.
好主意.不过或许咱们该出去把车挪一挪,免得车被砸出坑来.
A: ok. I'll go move the car if you turn the heat on. It's a bit chilly in here.
好的.我就去挪车.你把暖气打开.这儿有点冷.
B: how long do you think this hailstorm is supposed to last?
你觉得这场暴风冰雹会持续多长时间?
A: I don't know. The weatherman didn't say anything about this in his weather report last night.
我不知道.昨晚气象员在天气预报里只字未提.
B: maybe we should turn on the news in case it's supposed to get worse.
我想咱们该把电视机打开看看新闻,免得情况变得更糟.
A: I don't think we have anything to worry about. Do you want to put on a cup of tea as well?
我觉得咱们没什么可担心的..你想不想喝茶?
B: good idea. That will help us to warm up.
好主意.这样我们可以暖和点儿.
A: if I'm not back in ten minutes, come and find me.
如果我10分钟后还没回来,就出来找我.
B: alright. I'll have a cup of tea waiting for you.
好的,我沏好茶等你回来.