你是在申请出国留学还是工作?收到耶鲁大学的录取通知书后需要做什么
教程:英语对话  浏览:155  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    今天的这段对话,在讨论出国留学,

     

    你是在申请出国留学还是工作?收到耶鲁大学的录取通知书后需要做什么

     

    来听今天的讲解:

     

    Beginner

     

    A: excuse me, do you know where the visa office is?

     

    对不起,你知道签证办公室在哪里吗?

     

    B: yes, I do. I’ll walk you there.

     

    是的,我愿意。我陪你去那里。

     

    A: thanks!

     

    谢谢!

     

    B: are you applying to study or work abroad?

     

    你是在申请出国留学还是工作?

     

    A: I want to study abroad.

     

    我想出国留学。

     

    B: what do you want to study?

     

    你想学什么?

     

    A: I hope to study English literature.

     

    我希望学习英国文学。

     

    B: have you got your visa yet?

     

    你拿到签证了吗?

     

    A: not yet. I have an interview with the visa official today.

     

    还没有。我今天要和签证官面谈。

     

    B: I see. Is it your first interview?

     

    我明白了。这是你第一次面试吗?

     

    A: I was denied a visa?

     

    我的签证被拒了?

     

    B: why?

     

    为什么?

     

    A: like most students. I want to work in America after graduation.

     

    和大多数学生一样,我想毕业后到美国工作。

     

    B: I see. Well, good luck!

     

    我明白了。祝你好运!

     

    Intermediate

     

    A: guess what came in the mail today?

     

    你猜今天的邮件是什么?

     

    B: what?

     

    什么?

     

    A: my acceptance letter to Yale!

     

    我的耶鲁大学的录取通知书!

     

    B: wow! Congratulation! When do classes start?

     

    哇!祝贺!什么时候开始上课?

     

    A: freshman orientation is the last week of august, but I want to go two weeks before that to get settled in.

     

    新生迎新是八月的最后一周,但我想在那之前两周安顿下来。

     

    B: you’re so lucky! Do you have to do many things before you leave?

     

    你真幸运!你离开之前要做很多事情吗?

     

    A: yes. I’ll be very busy! I have to get a visa, buy a plane ticket, and pack my things. But first, I want to register for class.

     

    是的。我会很忙的!我必须办理签证,买机票,收拾行李。但首先,我想注册上课。

     

    B: when can you do that?

     

    你什么时候能做到?

     

    A: well, they sent me their prospectus, so I can start looking now. do you want to help me decide which classed to take?

     

    好吧,他们把招股说明书发给我了,所以我现在可以开始看了。你想帮我决定选哪一类吗?

     

    B: sure. What can you choose from?

     

    当然可以。你能选什么?

     

    A: well, I have to take all the fundamental course, plus a few from my major.

     

    嗯,我必须修完所有的基础课程,再加上我专业的一些课程。

     

    B: what is your major?

     

    你的专业是什么?

     

    A: I hope to major in English literature, but the admissions counselor told me that many people change their major times in their first year, so we’ll see.

     

    我希望主修英语文学,但招生顾问告诉我,很多人在第一年就换了专业,所以我们拭目以待。

     

    B: what are the fundamental course?

     

    基础课程是什么?

     

    A: in order to graduate, every student must take a certain amount of classed in history, math, English, philosophy, science and art.

     

    为了毕业,每个学生都必须参加一定数量的历史、数学、英语、哲学、科学和艺术课程。

     

    B: interesting. That’s very different from the Chinese education system.

     

    很有趣。这与中国的教育体系大不相同。

     

    A: yes, it is . It’s also very different from the British education system.

     

    是的。它也与英国的教育体系大不相同。

     

    B: really?

     

    真的?

     

    A: oh, sure. In British, students don’t have to take the foundation course.

     

    哦,当然。在英国,学生不必上基础课。

     

    B: why not?

     

    为什么不呢?

     

    A: maybe because they think they know everything already ! ha ha.

     

    也许是因为他们认为自己已经无所不知了!哈哈。


    0/0
      上一篇:谈论在学校教书的问题,谁是你遇到过的最好的老师 下一篇:申请去美国留学的签证需要准备什么文件?谈谈几个关于签证申请的问题

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)