今天的这段对话,在讨论文学,
关于鲍勃·迪伦的传记怎么样?傲慢与偏见主要的故事情节是什么
来听今天的讲解:
Beginner
A: hi, Charlie! What are you reading?
嗨,查理!你在读什么?
B: hi, bob. I’m reading a biography?
嗨,鲍勃。我在读传记?
A: who’s it about?
这是关于谁的?
B: it’s about bob Dylan.
是关于鲍勃·迪伦的。
A: who is he?
他是谁?
B: he’s a famous American musician.
他是一位著名的美国音乐家。
A: who’s the author?
谁是作者?
B: it was written by howard sounes.
这是霍华德苏恩斯写的。
A: what do you think about it?
你怎么看?
B: it’s great! I’ve learned a lot form reading it.
太棒了!我从阅读中学到了很多。
A: can I read it when you’re done?
你做完后我能读吗?
B: sure, bob! I’m on chapter 12 now, so I’m almost finished.
当然,鲍勃!我现在读到第12章了,所以我差不多写完了。
A: how many chapters does the book have?
这本书有多少章?
B: there are 15 chapters in total.
共15章。
A: when do you think you’ll have finished reading it?
你认为你什么时候能看完?
B: I should be done by Friday. I’ll give it to you in class then.
我应该在星期五之前做完。到时我会在课堂上给你的。
A: thanks. Charlie!
谢谢,查理!
B: no problem. Bob.
没问题,鲍勃。
Intermediate
A: I can’t believe my English teacher is making me read pride and prejudice!
我简直不敢相信我的英语老师让我读到骄傲和偏见!
B: why not! It’s a classic; in fact, it’s one of my favorite novels.
为什么不呢!这是一部经典之作;事实上,这是我最喜欢的小说之一。
A: but it’s so old.
但它太老了。
B: don’t judge a book by its cover. Do you kwon what it’s about?
不要以封面来评判一本书。你知道它是关于什么的吗?
A: no, not at all.
不,一点也不。
B: first of all, it’s a romance novel, set in the early 19th century.
首先,这是一部以19世纪初为背景的浪漫小说。
A: I didn’t realize it was a romance novel. What’s the main storyline?
我没有意识到这是一部言情小说。主要的故事情节是什么?
B: it’s basically about a father who tried to marry off one of his five girls.
这基本上是关于一个父亲试图把他的五个女儿中的一个嫁出去的故事。
A: why does he want to do that?
他为什么要那样做?
B: since he doesn’t have a son, he hopes that one of the girls will marry a wealthy man. That way, all of his daughters will be cared for.
由于他没有儿子,他希望其中一个女孩嫁给一个有钱人。这样,他所有的女儿都会得到照顾。
A: won’t they get his inheritance?
他们不会得到他的遗产吗?
B: no, that’s the problem. Though they are well-off, once he dies, his house will go to his cousin. So, when he dies, the girls will have nothing.
不,这就是问题所在。虽然他们很富裕,但一旦他死了,他的房子就会归他的堂兄所有。所以,当他死的时候,女孩们将一无所有。
A: I see. This sounds interesting! Maybe my teacher isn’t so horrible after all.
我明白了。这听起来很有趣!也许我的老师毕竟没那么可怕。
B: so ,are you going to read the novel or what the movie?
那么,你打算读小说还是看电影?
A: there’s movie? My teacher didn’t tell me that!
有电影吗?我的老师没有告诉我!
B: that’s probably because she wants you to read the book first.
那可能是因为她想让你先读这本书。
A: it would take a lot less time...
这将花费更少的时间...
B: how about this. When you finish the book. I’ll get the movie and watch it with you.
这个怎么样。等你写完这本书。我去拿电影和你一起看。
A: ok. That sounds like a deal.
好的。听起来像是一笔交易。