今天的这段对话,在讨论交友,
谈谈彼此的个人信息和爱好,在家休假时会干什么
来听今天的讲解:
Beginner
A : hi, my name is Sylvia. What’s your name?
嗨,我叫西尔维娅。你叫什么名字?
B: my name is geoff.
我的名字叫杰夫。
A: what do you do?
你是做什么的?
B: I’m a podiatrist. What about you?
我是足科医生。你呢?
A: I’m a nurse. What do you do in your free time?
我是一名护士。你空闲时间做什么?
B: I like to play piano, go bowling, and chat online with my friends. And you?
我喜欢弹钢琴,打保龄球,和朋友在线聊天。你呢?
A: I like to hang out with friends, play games, and go swimming.
我喜欢和朋友出去玩,玩游戏,去游泳。
B: would you like to go out sometime?
你想找个时间出去吗?
A: sure, that’d be great. Where would you like to go?
当然,那太好了。你想去哪里?
B: anywhere with you!
和你一起去任何地方!
A: aren’t you sweet!
你真可爱!
Intermediate
A: hey, ray, what are you doing right now?
嘿,雷,你现在在干什么?
B: not much. Joann. Do you want to hang out?
不多。乔安。你想出去玩吗?
A: yes, I do. I’m at home myself right now with nothing much to do.
是的,我知道。我现在自己在家,没有什么事可做。
B: me, too. What would you like to do?
我也是。你想做什么?
A: well, we could go to a movie. Have you see Shrek 2?
好吧,我们可以去看电影。你看过《怪物史莱克2》吗?
B: I have, actually. How about the movie, Million Dollar Baby with Clint Eastwood?
事实上,我看过。克林特·伊斯特伍德的电影《百万宝贝》怎么样?
A: Hmm…I’ve seen that, too. We could go for a walk in the park.
嗯…我也看到了。我们可以去公园散步。
B: we could, but it looks like it’s going to rain soon.
我们可以,但看起来很快就会下雨。
A: I guess that’s out. Why don’t we go shopping?
我想已经结束了。我们为什么不去购物呢?
B: I’d really rather not. I’ll be too tempted to buy something that I can’t afford!
我真的不想买。我太想买我买不起的东西了!
A: ok. I guess we’d be not do that ,either, then .what do you want to do?
好的。我想我们也不会那样做。你想做什么?
B: I don’t know. Do you want to go bowling at the new bowling alley on 1st street?
我不知道。你想去第一街的新保龄球馆打保龄球吗?
A: I would like to, but I injured my wrist last week.
我很想去,但上周我的手腕受伤了。
B: let’s see. Do you want to go to a bar and sing some karaoke?
让我们看看。你想去酒吧唱卡拉OK吗?
A: that sounds interesting, but I can’t drink alcohol with the medicine I’m taking.
这听起来很有趣,但我正在服用的药物不能喝酒。
B: doesn’t sound like that’s be fun, then. Do you want to come here?
那听起来就不好玩了。你想来这里吗?
A: I don’t have a car.
我没有车。
B: goodness, we’re not having much luck here , are we?
天哪,我们在这儿运气不好,是吗?
A: no. do you have a car?
没有。你有车吗?
B: no, but I could take the bus.
没有,但我可以坐公共汽车。
A: oh, good. Why don’t you take the bus to mine and we could play Mah Jiang?
哦,太好了。你为什么不坐公共汽车去我家,我们可以玩麻将?
B: that sounds great! Have you eaten?
听起来很棒!你吃了吗?
A: not yet. I’ll cook dinner and have it ready by the time you get here.
还没有。你到这儿的时候,我会把晚饭做好的。
B: perfect. Are you prepared to give me all your money?
太好了。你准备好把你所有的钱都给我了吗?
A: huh? We are going to play for money, aren’t we?
嗯?我们要为钱打球,不是吗?
B: oh, right. I suppose so. As long as you promise to lose!
哦,对。我想是的。只要你答应输!
A: hey….as long as I’m not alone on a Saturday night, I don’t really care what I do!
嘿……只要我不是一个人在周六晚上,我真的不在乎我做什么!
B: see you soon.
再见。
A: bye!
拜拜!