今天的这段对话,在讨论打电话,
如何与人打电话?怎么联系他们确认上课的时间
来听今天的讲解:
Beginner
A: hello, this is rich.
你好,我是rich。
B: hi, rich. Is jim here?
嗨,rich。吉姆在吗?
A: he’s not in at the moment. Can I take a message?
他现在不在。我能带个信吗?
B: sure. This is Claire.
当然。我是克莱尔。
A: does have your telephone number?
有你的电话号码吗?
B: no,it’s 3725019281.
不,是3725019281。
A: 3725015281?
3725015281?
B: no, it’s 3725019281,it’s a 9,not a 5.
不,是3725019281,是9,不是5。
A: right. I’ll have him call you back.
好的,我让他给你回电话。
B: can you tell him that it’s urgent?
你能告诉他紧急吗?
A: sure can.
当然可以。
B: thanks a all.
谢谢。
A: no problem.
没问题。
B: bye.
拜。
A: goodbye.
再见。
Intermediate
A: sandy, can you help me contact these people?
桑迪,你能帮我联系这些人吗?
B: sure, what do you want me to tell them?
当然,你想让我告诉他们什么?
A: well, I need to confirm the time of their classes.
嗯,我需要确认一下他们上课的时间。
B: ok, where can I find their telephone number?
好的,我在哪里能找到他们的电话号码?
A: they are all listed here on this sheet of paper.
它们都列在这张纸上。
B: is it their home, office or cell phone number?
是他们的家、办公室还是手机号码?
A: unless it’s marked differently, it’s their home number.
除非有不同的标记,否则这是他们的家庭号码。
B: alright. What if I can’t get a hold of them by phone?
好吧。如果我不能通过电话联系到他们怎么办?
A: then, you should e-mail them with the information.
然后,您应该通过电子邮件向他们发送信息。
B: where can I find their e-mail address?
我在哪里可以找到他们的电子邮件地址?
A: they should have then listed on their resume.
他们应该在简历上列出。
B: and if there aren’t any e-mail addressed?
如果没有电子邮件地址?
A: then send them a SMS on their cell phone.
然后用手机给他们发短信。
B: ok. That sounds easy enough. Have you called any of them yes?
好的。听起来很简单。你给他们打过电话吗?
A: yes. I called the first three people on the list, but they didn’t pick up.
是的。我给名单上的前三个人打了电话,但他们没有接。
B: did you leave a voice message?
你留了语音信息吗?
A: i left a voice message on one---just for the first person on the list.
我在一号留言,只给名单上的第一个人。
B: I see. What did you tell her?
我明白了。你跟她说了什么?
A: I told her that she should call me back at my office number.
我告诉她,她应该回我办公室的电话号码。
B: ok, so, maybe I should call her again.
好吧,也许我应该再给她打一次电话。
A: yes, that sounds like a good idea. She might not get the other message in time.
是的,这听起来是个好主意。她可能不会及时收到其他信息。
B: one more question. It looks like some of these numbers are long-distance. Do you have a calling card that I can use to get through to them?
还有一个问题。看起来有些号码是长途的。你有电话卡吗?我可以用它接通它们?
A: sure. You can use this one. The pin number is written on the back of the card.
当然可以。你可以用这个。密码写在卡的背面。
B: alright. Thanks a lot. Don’t worry. I’ll take care of it.
好的。非常感谢。别担心。我会处理好的。
A: great work . I’m off for the weekend! See you on Monday.
干得好。我周末放假了!星期一见。
B: see you.
再见。