今天的这段对话,在谈论西式快餐,
西式快餐不健康,为什么这么受欢迎
来听今天的讲解:
A: hey, Tom, did you enjoy your lunch?
嗨,汤姆,午饭吃的好吗?
B: oh, don't mention it. It was terrible.
哎,别提了,很糟糕!
A: what' the matter?
怎么了?
B: the food station was as crowded as usual. I waited for 20 minutes for my sandwish, and when I finall got it the chicken was underdone.
快餐店还是那么挤,我点了个炸鸡三明治,等了20分钟,最后里头的炸鸡还是生的.
A: I see. You simply can't blame the server for this.
哦,你也没法责怪服务员.
B: yes, I know. Fast food is so popular in this district.
我知道,这里快餐太受欢迎了.
A: that's true.
是啊.
B: anyway, how was your luch, Catherine?
凯瑟琳,你的午饭怎么样?
A: it was good. I brough lunch from home today.
挺好的,我自己从家里带了饭.
B: you did? I thought you must feel right at home here as we get as many fast food restaurants as you do in America.
真的吗?我以为我们这里和美国一样有很多快餐店,你会觉得像在家一样舒服呢.
A: well, I personally don't like then because i don't believe they are healthy.
嗯,我个人不喜欢那样,因为我不相信他们是健康的。
B: i guess you're right. More often than not, people go there only for convenience. The foods may taste good, but generally speaking, they are high in calories, salt and fat.
我想你是对的。通常情况下,人们去那里只是为了方便。这些食物可能味道很好,但总的来说,它们的热量、盐和脂肪都很高。
A: yes. I am wondering that you must believe fast food is your lifestyle, don't you?
是的。我想知道你一定相信快餐是你的生活方式,不是吗?
B: you bet. Almost all top brands such as McDonald's and KFC are from America.
几乎所有的顶级品牌,如麦当劳和肯德基都来自美国。
A: well, actually two-thirds of Americans may avoid these places.
实际上三分之二的美国人都不会去那些地方.
B: seriously?
真的吗?
A: yeah, it's hard to believe but true.
嗯,你也许会觉得难以置信,但事实确实如此.