今天的这段对话,在讨论见面,
相约与网友见面,没想到是现实中的朋友该怎么办
来听今天的讲解:
A: I wonder what he looks like. Oh, I can't wait to see him! His email said he'd be wearing a white hat.(looking around for him) oh, there he is.
我真想知道他长得什么样,真想马上见到他。他在电子邮件里说他会戴白帽子。(四下张望)啊,他在那儿。
B: hey, Isabelle…
嗨,伊莎贝拉…
A: Logan! Why on earth are you hiding here? White hat! Come on! Don't tell me you're the guy! It can't be true.
洛根!?你躲在这儿干什么?白帽子?天啊!别告诉我你就是那个人!
B: yes, I am the guy.
没错,我就是。
A: what a bummer! You set me up?
无聊!那我当猴耍吗?
B: let me explain. I didn't mean to hurt you…
你听我解释,不是有意的的。
A: how dare you!(starts to walk off)
你竟敢骗我!(就要离开)
B: hang on a second. Hear me out, just this once, Isabella!
等一下,听我说完,伊莎贝拉,就这一次。
A: why did you lie to me in the email?
你为什么在邮件里骗我?
B: I didn't lie. You just didn't ask me my real name.
我没有,是你没问我的真实姓名。
A: I should have known it was you. No wonder all the 20 questions were answered correctly. I thought I might have found the one for me.
我早知道应该是你。怪不得20个问题你全答对了。我还以为自己找到了知己。
B: I'm sorry. It was cruel of me. But I promise it will never happen again? Look, there's a nice restaurant. Let me take you to dinner and we can talk thigns over.
对不起,是我不好。我发誓绝不会有第二次。看,那个餐厅看上去不错。走,我请你吃饭,然后慢慢给你解释。