今天的这段对话,在讨论坐车,
图书馆快闭馆了,怎么走能尽快到达
来听今天的讲解:
A: Hurry up, get in.
快点,上车。
B: I'm in. Let's go.
我来了,出发吧。
A: OK, make a left here...no, wait, I meant make a right. Come on, speed up!
好的,这里左转。不,等一下,我的意思是右转,快点加速。
B: Geez! What's the rush?
天哪,你急什么?
A: Don't worry about it, just drive. Oh, no, the light is about to change. Step on it.
别担心,开就行。哦,不,这个信号灯马上就要变了,加大油门。
B: Are you nuts? I'm not going to run a red light.
你疯了吗?我不会去闯红灯的。
A: Whatever. Just turn right here. The freeway will be packed at this hour. Let's take a side street. Go on! Get out of our way! Move, move!
算了,在这右转。这个时间,高速公路会水泄不通。我们走一条小路。走呀!别挡着路呀!走开,走开!
B: What's your problem? Geez. Having a fit is not going to help.
你是怎么回事?天哪,这样抓狂根本无济于事啊。
A: Here I know a shortcut. Just go down here and we'll cut through Ashburn Heights. Let's go, let's go! Watch out for that lady!
这,我知道一条近路。沿着这路往下走,我们就可以穿过Ashburn Heights。走了,走了,小心那姑娘!
B: I'm going as fast as I can.
我尽快了。
A: Yes, we made it. 5:58, just before the library closes.
耶,我们到了,5点58分,在图书馆闭馆前。
B: You are such a geek!
你简直是个怪胎!