今天的这段对话,在讨论点餐,
在餐厅怎么点到合胃口的大餐
来听今天的讲解:
A: How's the braised quail?
炖鹌鹑怎么样?
B: Very good, sir.
非常美味,先生。
A: OK. And the, uh, the lay-pin?
好的,还有lay-pin呢?
B: Lah-pan. Lah-pan. It's delightful.
Lah-pan. Lah-pan. (Lapin法文兔子)这道菜很受欢迎。
A: OK, what is that again?
那到底是什么?
B: Rabbit, sir.
兔子肉,先生。
A: Oh, well, I won't be having that. Um, how about chicken? You can't go w
rong with chicken.
噢,我不吃那东西。鸡肉呢?鸡肉应该不错吧?
B: Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
A: Thank you.
谢谢。
B: Miss?
小姐,您呢?
C: Uh, I'll have the Lobster Bisque and Muscovy duck, please. Thank you.
我要浓汤焗龙虾和而过鸭肉。谢谢。
B: Merci, mademoiselle.
法语)谢谢,小姐。
A: I can't believe the waiter forgot me. I was ...I was just here ... the other day. Yeah, I come here for the crowd. You wanna play “mistress or second wife”? Because it's harder than it looks. Believe me. So is her face.
真不敢相信这位侍者竟忘了我,我前几天还来过。是,我就是冲着人多来的。你想扮演“情妇或是二奶”吗?相信我,这比看上去要有难度。她那样的脸更难看。
C: Uh, will you excuse me? I, uh...I'm gonna go to the restroom to freshen up a little.
抱歉,呃……我要去下洗手间补妆。
A: Yeah, of course, of course. I think the bathrooms are ...
当然,当然可以。我想洗手间就在……
C: Uh, don't worry. I'll find them.
别担心,我找得到。
A: Oh, excuse me, sir. Uh, how much is that duck she just ordered?
打扰一下,先生。她刚刚点的鸭子多少钱?
B: $ 78, sir.
78美元,先生。
A: OK, right. Thank you. Um, you know what? Can you just cancel my main dish, and I'll just have the appetizer as the main.
好的,谢谢。知道吗?能把我的主菜取消吗?我拿开胃菜作主菜好了。
B: Of course, sir.
当然可以,先生。
A: Thank you, Merci.
谢谢,谢谢了。