179. In the heat of battle, players have been observed to throw themselves across the court without considering the consequences that such a move might have on anyone in their way.
译文
在比赛进入白热化时,常发现运动员们在赛场上横冲直撞,完全不考虑撞到挡着他们路的人会有什么样的后果。点睛
本句的主干是players have been observed to throw themselves。without considering the consequences...为伴随状语;that引导定语从句,修饰consequences。throw themselves across the court意为“在赛场上横冲直撞”。
heat常用作动词,表示“加热”;而在本句中作名词,意为“激烈;高潮”。如:
In the heat of the argument I lost my self-control. 在激烈的争论中,我失去了自制力。
consequence意为“结果;后果”。如:
It terrified me to contemplate the consequence of your action. 想到你行动的后果,我就感到害怕。
考点归纳
与way有关的短语包括:in the way意为“在路上;挡道”。如:
No doubt he means to help, but in fact he just gets in the way. 他确实是想帮忙,然而事实上却只是帮了倒忙。
on the way意为“在途中;即将到来”。如:
We could call in on Patrick on the way to your mother's. 我们到你母亲家去时,可以顺路到帕特里克家串个门。
by the way意为“顺便说”。如:
By the way, do you live with your parents or have a place of your own? 顺便问一句,你是同父母一起住还是自己住?
in this way意为“用这种方法”。如:
Why do you represent the matter in this way? 你为什么把这事说成这样?