
Keep your mouth shut.别跟任何人说。/这是秘密。
美剧表达:
You keep your mouth shut unless I give you permission to open it. Undersaood?
得到我的允许之前,你一定要守口如瓶,明白吗?
2. keep ...to oneself
美剧表达:
Keep this to yourself. 这是秘密。/你一个人知道就行了。/别对任何人讲。
You keep this to yourself while we work it out.
在我们解决问题期间吗,这件事情只能你一个人知道。
3. keep a secret?
Can you keep a secret? 你能保密吗?
美剧表达:
I can keep a secret. I promise I will never tell her.
我会保密的,绝对不跟她说。
4. not a word
Not a word.什么都别说。/不要再提了。
美剧表达:
Not a word to anyone. 不要跟任何人说起。
5. not say a word
美剧表达:
Don't say a word.Pretend it never happend.
这件事要保密,就当什么都没发生过。
I promise I won't say a word.
我保证什么都不会说出去的。
【拓展表达】
My lips are sealed.我会保密的。/我会管好自己的嘴的。
I'm not one to kiss and tell.我不是(背信弃义)泄露秘密的人。
Just betweet you and me/us.这是我们之间的秘密。
Don't tell a soul。别传出去。/把它带到坟墓去