Situational Words and Phrases 情景词汇
1.appreciate v. 感激,欣赏
A: I'd appreciate it if you could loan the fifty.
甲:若能借给我五十美元,不胜感激。
B: Well, I'd like to say yes, but you know, bucks. I'm broke myself.
乙:我倒是想借给你,但我自己也是一文不名了。
2.chance n. 机会
A: Is there any chance of having a word with you?
甲:可以和您谈谈吗?
B: Ok, but please make it quick.
乙:好的,但请长话短说。
3.count on 依靠,依赖
A: Can I count an your help?
甲:我可以靠你帮忙吗?
B: Sure.
乙:当然。
4.favor n. 恩惠
A: Excuse me, sir, but may I ask a favor of you?
甲:打扰了,先生。您能帮我个忙吗?
B: Sure, if I can. What is it?
乙:如果我能的话,当然可以。什么事?
5.give sb. a hand 帮助某人
A: This is the last favor I need to ask of you. Could you give me a hand?
甲:这是我最后一饮请您帮我办事了。能否帮忙?
B: Go ahead.
乙:直说吧。
6.give sb. a hard time 让某人难堪
A: Please, don't give me a hard time.
甲:求求了,请别让我难堪。
B: Well,as long as you keep your promise. That's the best I can do.
乙:只要你能遵守诺言就行。这是我所能给你的最大宽限。
7.honor n. 荣誉,荣幸
A: May I have the honor of speaking with you?
甲:我能否有幸与您谈一会儿?
B: Um... it depends.
乙:哦,那得看是什么事。
8.if you please 请
A: Be a dear and fix it, if you please.
甲:请帮忙修理一下,好吗?
B: All right.
乙:好的。
9.oblige v. 施恩惠于
A: Can you oblige me with a little blue ink?
甲:借给我一点蓝墨水好吗?
B: I'm sorry, but I don't have any myself.
乙:对不起,我自己也没有了。
10.obliged a. 感激的
A: I would be much obliged if you could help me out.
甲:若你能帮助我,我会非常感激的。
B: Then how about a detailed talk at 2 o'clock this afternoon? I'll give you a feedback then.
乙:那么今天下午二点钟我们再详谈一次怎么样?到时我会给你消息的。
11.regard v. 认为,把……看作
A: I'll regard it as a favor if you could help me sort it out.
甲:若能帮我解决这件事情,我将不胜感激。
B: I'll be delighted to.
乙:乐意效劳。
12.spare v. 出让,让给
A: Could you spare some matches, please?
甲:请给我些火柴,好吗?
B: Sure. Here you are.
乙:好的。给。