Situational Words and Phrases 情景词汇
1.appetite n. 胃口
A: Won't you have a little more?
甲:再吃一点好吗?
B: I'd love to, but I don't have much of an appetite at this time of day.
乙:我很想再吃一点,但每天这个时候我都没啥胃口。
2.burst v. 爆炸,破裂
A: Take more, please.
甲:请再吃点。
B: No, thanks. I'm ready to burst now.
乙:不了,谢谢。我的肚子快要胀破了。
3.chopsticks n. 筷子
A: Can you manage chopsticks?
甲:你能用筷子吗?
B: I'd like to try them.
乙:我可以试一试。
4.conservative a. 保守的
A: Don't you want to have more?
甲:您不想再多吃点吗?
B: No, really, my taste for meat is rather conservative.
乙:不了,真的,我不怎么吃肉。
5.delirious a. 美味的
A: Here, try this.
甲:来,尝尝这个。
B: Wow! Doesn't it smell delicious?
乙:哇!好香!
6.feast n. 宴会
A: I can't resist it!
甲:我忍不住要吃了!
B: Neither can I. This feast is so rich.
乙:我也是。酒席太丰盛了。
7.garlic n. 蒜
A: Is there any garlic in it?
甲:里面有蒜吗?
B: Yes, there's quite a lot of garlic and ginger.
乙:有的,蒜和姜都不少。
8.light eater 饭量少的人
A: I'm sure you can have a bit more.
甲:你肯定还能再吃些。
B: Sorry, l can't. I've always been a light eater.
乙:对不起,我吃不了了。我一向就吃得少。
9.make a pig of oneself 饱餐一顿
A: Shall I help you to some more of it?
甲:我帮你再夹点菜怎么样?
B: No, thank you. I've already made a pig of myself.
乙:我已经吃得酒足饭饱了。
10.make a poor meal 吃得少
A: You have made a poor meal,I'm afraid.
甲:恐怕您吃得太少了。
B: I'm sorry, Gut I'm really full.
乙:对不起,不过我真的吃饱了。
11.much of a 了不起的……
A: You must have some more.
甲:你一定得再吃点。
B: No, thanks. I enjoyed it so much, Gut I'm not much of an eater.
乙:不了,谢谢。我很喜欢这个,但我从来都吃得不多。
12.poor eater 食量小的人
A: I'm quite full now.
B: You're a poor eater for a young woman.
甲:现在我已经饱了。
乙:年轻人才吃这么一点,太少了。
13.portion n. 一份
A: Do eat some more.
甲:再吃一点吧。
B: OK,one more portion, please.
乙:好的,请再来一份。
14.rarely ad. 很少,几乎不
A: Come on, rarely a little soup.
甲:来,喝点汤。
B: Thank you, but I rarely take soup.
乙:谢谢,不过我很少喝汤。
15.savoury a. 味美的
A: No more, thank you. It's quite savoury, though.
甲:我不吃了,谢谢。不过,这道菜味道确实不错。
B: Whatever you like.
乙:那就不勉强了。
16.spoonful n. 一匙的量
A: Here, take another spoonful of the soup.
甲:来,再喝一点汤。
B: Ali right, but just a little.
乙:好的,只一点点就可以了。
17.sweet n. 甜食
A: Hare a little more, please.
甲:请再吃点吧。
B: Sorry,I' m not much an sweets, you know.
乙:对不起,我不太爱吃甜食,你知道的。
18.tempt v. 吸引
A: Can't I tempt you to have more?
甲:你不能再来点吗?
B: All right, if you insist.
乙:你一定让我吃,我就再来一点。