Situational Words and Phrases 情景词汇
1.agree with 适合.适宜
A: We have beef in a chilli sauce today.
甲:今天我们供应麻辣牛肉。
B: I'm afraid it doesn't agree with me.
乙:恐怕它不太合我的胃口。
2.course n. 菜
A: What would you like for your main course?
甲:主菜您要什么?
B: Kun-pao pork; please.
乙:宫保肉丁。
3.cuisine n. 烹饪法
A: How many kinds of cuisines have you got?
甲:你们饭店有几种菜?
B: Let me show you, sir.
乙:让我告诉您,先生。
4.dessert n. 甜点心
A: And your desserts?
甲:甜食吃什么?
B: Apple pie will do.
乙:苹果派就行。
5.dish n. 盘,碟,一道菜
A: What dishes would you like?
甲:您要什么菜?
B: I'll have braised anise spare ribs.
乙:来份五香排骨。
6.dressing n. 调料
A: What dressing is this?
甲:这是什么调料?
B: It's spicy.
乙:是辣的。
7.dumpling n. 饺子
A: What shall we eat tonight?
甲:今晚我们吃点什么呢?
B: How about Chinese dumplings this time?
乙:这次吃中国饺子怎么样?
8.entree n. 主菜
A: Please tell us some of the dinner entrees.
甲:请告诉我们宴会的几样主菜吧。
B: With pleasure.
乙:好的。
9.hot a. 辣的
A: Hare you decided what you'd like?
甲:决定吃什么菜了吗?
B: I just feel like something hot.
乙:我只是想吃点辣的。
10.lean n. 瘦肉; a. 疲瘦的
A: Would you prefer fat or lean meat?
甲:您要肥的还是瘦的?
B: Lean, please.
乙:瘦的。
11.light a. 清淡的
A: What would you say, Jane?
甲:你觉得呢,珍妮?
B: Well, I'd prefer something light.
乙:我来点清淡的就可以了。
12.loaf n. 片,条
A: Anything else?
甲:还需要什么吗?
B: Mesh, please bring us two loaves of bread.
乙:是的,再来两片面包。
13.menu n. 菜单
A: Could you please give me the menu?
甲:请把菜单给我。
B: Sure,一here you are.
乙:好的,给您。
14.ordering n. 点莱
A: How about you, Mr. Berk?
甲:泊克先生,您呢?
B: You just go ahead with the ordering, I'll have whatever you're having.
乙:你点吧,我一切随你。
15.particular a. 特别的;讲究的
A: What would you like, Bob?
甲:鲍勃,你想要点什么?
B: Well, I'm very particular about green vegetables.
乙:我比较喜欢吃绿色蔬菜。
16.preserved a. 腌制的
A: What would you say,waiter?
甲:服务员,你觉得呢?
B: Maybe you'd like preserved vegetables, Sichuan Style.
乙:或许您会喜欢四川风味的腌菜。
17.rare (指肉)未盘熟的
18.medium a. 中等的
19.under-done a. 半熟的
20.well-done a. 熟透的
A: How would you like your steak done, rate,medium, or well-done?
甲:您想要牛排嫩一点,中等程度,还是老一点?
B: I'll have it under-done.
乙:半熟的就可以了。
21.refreshment n. 点心
A: And also bring us some refreshments.
甲:再给我们上点点心。
B: OK, sir. What kind would you like?
乙:好的,先生,您要哪种?
22.regular a. 规则的;正常的
A: What would you like?
甲:您要点什么?
B: I'd like to have your regular dinner.
乙:来份份饭吧。
23.roast a. 烤的
A; What shall we have, Ben?
甲:本,我们吃点什么好?
B: I'd like you to have some roast Beijing duck this time.
乙:这次我想让你来点北京烤鸭尝尝。
24.salad n. 色拉
A: What about prawns salad?
甲:明虾色拉怎么样?
B: Good,I'll have is for a change.
乙:来一份吧,换个口味。
25.sauce n. 调味品
A: It is delicious, how do you cook it?
甲:这菜真可口,你是怎么做的?
B: Thank you, I use a special dressing and homemade sauce.
乙:谢谢,我用了特别的佐料和自己做的调料。
26.scramble v. 搅乱,使混杂
A: How would you like your eggs?
甲:您喜欢怎么吃?
B: I'd like them scrambled, not fried.
乙:把鸡蛋炒一下,别煎。
27.seafood n. 海鲜
A: Do you care for seafood?
甲:喜欢吃海鲜吗?
B: Yes, very mush, indeed.
乙:非常喜欢。
28.serve v. 供应
A: May I sere your dishes now?
甲:现在可以上菜了吗?
B: Yes, please.
乙:可以了。
29.soup n. 汤
A: What would you suggest for soup?
甲:喝什么汤好?
B: What about the turtle soup?
乙:甲鱼汤怎么样?
30.special n. 风味菜
A: We'd like to try some of your specials.
甲:今天我们想尝尝你们的特色莱。
B: Well, today's beef dishes are very good.
乙:今天的牛肉菜非常不错。
31.specialty n. 特色菜
A: I'd like some local specialties.
甲:我想来点本地名菜。
B: so would I.
乙:我也要。
32.specialize v. 专营
A: After you with the order, Brenda.
甲:波莱达,你先点吧。
B: OK. What do you specialize in, waiter?
乙:好的。服务员,请问贵店有什么特色菜?
33.start with 开始
A: I'd like to start with a little soup.
甲:我想先来点汤。
B: Same here.
乙:我也是。
34.taste n. 口味
A: Maybe fried cassia flower will be to your taste.
甲:或许桂花肉会合您的口味。
B: OK,I'll have a try.
乙:那我就尝一尝。
35.tempting a. 诱感人的
A: Bird's nest soup is the best, in my mind.
甲:依我之见,燕窝汤是最好的。
I3: Mmm, sounds tempting.
乙:听起来蛮诱人的。
36.typical a. 典型的
A: What's your typical Chinese food?
甲:你们有什么正宗中国菜吗?
B: Sorry, we serve Western food only.
乙:对不起,我们这儿只供应西餐。