Situational Words and Phrases 情景词汇
1.a la carte 点菜
2.set course 套菜
A: Would you prefer the set course or a la carte?
甲:你们要套餐还是点菜?
B: The set course, please.
乙:请来份套餐。
3.characteristic n. 特征,特色
A: What do you have in mind?
甲:您想吃什么?
B: I'd like to have something with local characteristics.
乙:我想来点地方特色菜。
4.crispy a. 脆的
A: You like it?
甲:喜欢吗?
B: Yeah, it's so teader and crispy!
乙:是的,又嫩又脆。
5.drop in 顺便走访
A: Kindly drop in, please.
甲:敬请下次光临。
B: We'd love to.
乙:当然会的。
6.go Dutch 各自付账
A: Let's go Dutch this time.
甲:这次大家各付各的吧。
B: OK.
乙:好的。
7.hard-boiled 煮熟的,全熟的
A: How would you like your eggs, sir?
甲:请问您的鸡蛋要怎么煮,先生?
B: Hard-boiled, please.
乙:我要全熟的。
8.hospitality n. 热情
A: Thanks a million for your warm hospitality.
甲:万分感谢你们的盛情款待。
B: You are always welcome.
乙:别客气。
9.live an a tight budget 生活拮据
A: It's on me tonight.
甲:今晚我付钱。
B: Come on, I know you are liming on a tight budget these days.
乙:少来了,我知道你最近日子过得紧巴巴的。
10.lounge n. 休息室
A : Let's go to the lounge for tea.
甲:我们到休息室喝茶去吧。
B: Good idea.
乙:好主意。
11.napkin n. 餐巾
A: Here is the napkin, ma'am.
甲:夫人,给您餐巾。
B: Thank you.
乙:谢谢。
12.raw a. 生的
A: What's the matter, miss?
甲:什么事,小姐?
B: I'm afraid the meat is still raw.
乙:我觉得肉还是生的。
13.recommendation n. 推荐
A: What's your recommendation, waiter?
甲:服务员,你能推荐点什么吗?
B: The soup today is very nice. Would you like to try?
乙:今天的汤不错,要不要尝尝?
14.round n. 回合
A: Be my guest.
甲:由我请客。
B: You do nothing of the sort. It's my round today.
乙:请不要这样,今天该我做东。
15.satisfaction n. 满意
A: Is it to your satisfaction?
甲:您对饭菜满意吗?
B: Yes, it tastes as good as it looks.
乙:是的,简直是色香味俱全。
16.send up 送上,端上
A: Waiter, could you please send up two bottles of wine?
甲:服务员,请上两瓶酒。
B: No problem.
乙:好的。
17.separate bill 单独账单
A: How would you like to pay, one bill or separate bills?
甲:你们想开一张账单,还是分别付账?
B: one bill, please. It's all on me.
乙:请开一张账单,我请客。
18.tasty a. 可口的,美味的
A: Mmm, it's so tasty.
甲:味道真美!
B: Really? My mouth is watering now!
乙:是吗?我要流口水了!
19.takeout n. 外带食品
A: Can! order takeout here?
甲:可以点外带食品吗?
B: Sure.It's two dollars.
乙:可以,二美元一份。
20.tip n. 小费
A: Deep the change, please.
甲:不用找钱了。
B: Thank you, sir, but we take no tips here.
乙:谢谢您,先生,不过我们这儿不收小费。
21.tough a. 咬不动的
A: It's really badly cooked, as tough as leather.
甲:做得糟透了,像皮条一样,咬不动。
B: I'm sorry. I'll get you another one, sir.
乙:真对不起。先生,我会给你另上一份。
22.total v. 总计
A: Can I have the hill, please?
甲:请把账单拿给我好吗?
B: Yes, sir. It totals 100 dollars.
乙:好的,先生。总计100美元。
23.variety n. 多样性,种类
A: What have you got?
甲:你们店有什么样的饭菜?
B: Well, we serve a variety of Chinese dishes.
乙:我们有多种中式饭菜可供选择。
24.whet v. 刺激(胃口、欲望等)
A: I'd like something that whets the appetite.
甲:我想来点开胃的食品。
B: I see. Maybe you ran try this.
乙:明白了。或许你可以尝尝这个菜。